Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I was out and about so had a cheese and onion Greggs pasty for dinner. And I am now having a glass of Chablis to balance things out.

Cherries. In January?

I know! :D I was actually going to post *UNSEASONAL* CHERRIES, too, but then I thought Ah no one'll notice :mad: :D Tesco 2 for £4 with some grapes...both ideal for my daughter's lunch box....so pffft....cherries it was! :D

Might have a friend's veggie daughter staying tonight but I don't know yet. WAS going to do my son's favourite, STEAK AND CHIPS (in a peppery mushroom sauce made with some chicken stock I'd got out of the freezer) but will save that for tomorrow if she comes and do baked potatoes with cheese and salad I think.

The boy has got a mate coming for tea and has requested fishfingers, chips & beans with trifle for pudding - he must have caught me at the right moment because that's exactly what he's getting.
Steak, mushrooms and some sort of potato wedges for me and the bloke. I may throw caution to the wind and have a whole glass of red wine entirely to myself tonight

Gave the choice to the littlun for being good, so we had macaroni cheese made with half cheddar, half Morbierre. Well trained, that littlun.

Wouldn't advise going to the gym an hour after eating macaroni cheese; like swimming in glue.

Tonight is curry night.

Are you ill B? :( Get well soon if so.

I'm having steak, new potatoes in herby butter, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

errr, it was some rice thing with vegetables mixed in and a cheese sauce on top, then stuck under the grill.

One smoked salmon fish cake, one salmon fish cake (with overpowering dill taste) green beans, broccoli and a hot brownie pudding with amaretto and wine.

Tarragon? For a Salade Niçoise, Pip?

:hmm:

I had Tesco fresh pasta, with roasted veg from yesterday: red peppers, aubergines, leeks, cashew nuts, lemon wedges, and truffle oil on top.

so i had bone marrow on toast, half an 800g porterhouse steak, triple-cooked chips, spinach and a chocolate fudge sundae.
the fillet side of the porterhouse was one of the most delicious things i've ever tasted.
i also got the tiniest taste of a sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream which could be the nicest thing ever.
i'll have to go back and have a whole one to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom