Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Ian did not bring round any dreaded cheesn n onion but gave me 3pkts of my fave crisps...the mighty salt n vinegar Mcoys...:cool: This is something that he often does too.

You should repay him with several packets of Walkers Cheese and Onion now, tbf. :cool:

Daughter's going to a friends (although I don't know if they're feeding her or not :hmm: ) so for the boy, a roast chicken thigh with oven chips and broc and for me a Vietnamese chicken salad. More scones for pudding.

I did braised lamb shanks for dinner yesterday and have one left over as well as some of the braising sauce. So it will be that with mash tonight :)

And a strangely rubbery bread roll OU, don't forget that.

If you're lucky you'll even be able to spread unfrozen fake butter on it.

:cool:

What do you know as Alfredo soj? I'm never quite sure what it's meant to be tbh - generally I've had a variety of creamy, cheesy sauces under that name, but I've been led to believe that it should be a simpler parmesan and butter type affair.

What do you know as Alfredo soj? I'm never quite sure what it's meant to be tbh - generally I've had a variety of creamy, cheesy sauces under that name, but I've been led to believe that it should be a simpler parmesan and butter type affair.

Well, I've never done it before mate, so having just looked it up this morning, scanning for 'quick and easy veggie recipes', I found one that uses 'heavy cream', butter and parmesan.

SO - I think I'm gonna go for a smidge of butter, some double cream, and parmesan :) Otherwise we'll be dying of friggin heartburn all night :D

Well, I've never done it before mate, so having just looked it up this morning, scanning for 'quick and easy veggie recipes', I found one that uses 'heavy cream', butter and parmesan.

SO - I think I'm gonna go for a smidge of butter, some double cream, and parmesan :) Otherwise we'll be dying of friggin heartburn all night :D

Cool. I'm more intrigued than anything - to be fair, my first experiences of Alfredo sauces were either in America as a teen, or when I ran Wetherspoons many years ago - their dingable Alfredo pasta was actually quite palatable as a quick eat. It's probably not the best base to judge a meal option on.
:D

Tonight and I have no idea. Will pop to shops at lunch and make a call. Fancy lazy things so we can get on with the business of tidying the spare room before m-i-l visit

Oooh, I've potato doffinwaa int freezer - might phone him to get some out :hmm:

Found a way to cheat a little with garlic too... heat up milk/cream and infuse with a few cloves then chuck the cloves away, then I'm not actually eating the garlic :cool:

(don't think it'd work with ragu though :()

I normally do it (ragu) on the hob for about 2-3 hours.

I want lasagne :(

It says cook on gas mark 1 (uncovered) for 3-4 hours so I have put it up to gas mark 2 and will stir more often. Maybe up a bit more if its not reducing enough.
I want it to be yummy but we are all pretty tired and don't want to be eating late :(

I would say come over for tea but there are already four of us.

Giggly pig sausages, potato doffinwaa, (;)) green beans. :D

Ooooh we have not had giggly pigs for ages :)

It says cook on gas mark 1 (uncovered) for 3-4 hours so I have put it up to gas mark 2 and will stir more often. Maybe up a bit more if its not reducing enough.
I want it to be yummy but we are all pretty tired and don't want to be eating late :(

I would say come over for tea but there are already four of us.
I've only done it in the oven once, I like to keep an eye on it on the hob (bang it on the hob and turn it up a bit ;)).

Wasn't after an invite honey, I'm not allowed onions or garlic, so I'm craving them like mad.

It's potato dolphinsnoses ffs!!!
I quite like doffinwaa :D

I've only done it in the oven once, I like to keep an eye on it on the hob (bang it on the hob and turn it up a bit ;)).

Wasn't after an invite honey, I'm not allowed onions or garlic, so I'm craving them like mad.

I know you weren't but still ;)

I am just about to have a first check but may pull it out and on the hob.

You got the lid off yeh?

(also, you can make the white/cheese sauce in advance too - cover the pan with cilngfilm and a skin won't form)

You got the lid off yeh?

(also, you can make the white/cheese sauce in advance too - cover the pan with cilngfilm and a skin won't form)

I tried it on the hob but our hobs are very annoying. On all of them, on the lowest heat it was bubbling far too furiously and I didn't want it to burn on the bottom.
So, it's back in the oven for now on gm3 and will stir every 20 mins.
Lids off yes. :)

Back
Top Bottom