Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Mmmm lasagne, I could really fancy some lasagne tonight.
It's not going to happen but I have been reminded that I have a batch of ragu in the freezer so I think lasagne will be on the menu later in the week.

Pasta with tomato sauce tonight, hopefully with some of yesterday's leftover gammon (if there's any of it left by the time I get home :()

Tesco's Red Pepper Pesto Hummus is fast becoming my favourite thing on Earth. They do a jalapeño one that looks good too..

Pie.

Am going to a pie party. Everyone is bringing a different pie. Am looking forward to the resultant piemageddon.

Jerusalem artichokes, red peppers, mushrooms, shallots, courgettes, all roasted in olive oil and lemon thyme, splash of lemonjuice. And a large crouton with tapenade and grilled goats cheese sitting in the middle.

yep, moroccan style poops all over red pepper.

Jerusalem artichokes

We had these the other night and mr p had such bad farts that he was forced to sleep on the sofa.

Tonight we had a big salad with avocados, pine nuts, olives, capers, loads of leafy things, mozzarella, walnuts, eggs and tuna. It was meant to be a low calorie dinner but it spiralled out of control :oops:

thai chicken curry - was lovely :)

pudding was appalling though :oops: I'm supposed to go for my Glucose Tolerance Test on Wednesday but after tonights I'm going to skew the results :oops: :D

No, NVP! :mad: Sainsburys Moroccan style hummus is blatantly the best! :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

I liked the M&S one but I don't think they do it anymore. :(

For tea I had two pieces of toast with aubergine dip and some baby pickled beetroot. A feast. It was homemade sourdough though. And a piece of mint flavoured dark choc for afters. Had burger and chips for lunch at a pub in Saaaarrrey.

I liked the M&S one but I don't think they do it anymore. :(

For tea I had two pieces of toast with aubergine dip and some baby pickled beetroot. A feast. It was homemade sourdough though. And a piece of mint flavoured dark choc for afters. Had burger and chips for lunch at a pub in Saaaarrrey.

You were in my facking manor with my facking homeboys innit :cool: :D

We had spag bol that I made yesterday for the nights we're busy this week. Except we weren't busy tonight and we were going to have sausages etc. but couldn't be arsed to cook them :oops: The spag bol was mediocre to say the least :rolleyes:

I had cornflakes for tea. Couldn't be bothered cooking.
Nor could I be bothered to go out and get some more milk, so I've got none for the morning. So I suspect it'll be pie and chips for breakfast. :D

a slice of garlic bread and a creme egg :oops:

the kids had pasta with tomato sauce, leftover chicken from yesterday and left over gammon from saturday, bulked up with peppers,mushrooms and tomatos, with salad and garlic bread. and a creme egg for pud each

i had planned to have the same but i lost track of time and its a bit late to start microwaving my tea now . oops :D

You were in my facking manor with my facking homeboys innit :cool: :D

Epsom, acksherly. It's a bit shit there tbh but my good friend lives in the 'burbs now 'cos she's sprogged and can't afford a house in London. :(

I will be out tonight until about 8 so will have spicy lentil and chickpea soup when I get home, with a toasted pitta, methinks.

I tried it on the hob but our hobs are very annoying. On all of them, on the lowest heat it was bubbling far too furiously and I didn't want it to burn on the bottom.
So, it's back in the oven for now on gm3 and will stir every 20 mins.
Lids off yes. :)

It's worth buying one of these bastards for a tenner if you can't get the hob to balance in the sweet unmarked zone between gas off and flickering very lightly, on the cusp of going out.

The old style heat diffusers are alright too, but they tend to be tin and rust if you don't manage to burn the wooden handle off. They're both worth a fiver/tenner if you find yourself struggling to get anywhere near gentle simmer heats on your hob.

Burritos tonight I reckon. Have pork and more types of dried chilli than I can shake a stick at.

Epsom, acksherly. It's a bit shit there tbh but my good friend lives in the 'burbs now 'cos she's sprogged and can't afford a house in London. :(
I always though Epsom was quite posh :D

Bangers and mash last night, lacking peas and green beans! Tonight - no idea - I think maybe toast.

A roast pork noodle soup with bundles of veg in. :cool:

My son had to make rice crispy cakes for his science homework last night :hmm: so they can have those for pudding.
We only had dark chocolate and also ended up shoving a load of mini marshmallows in too :facepalm: so I didn't actually enjoy the piece I had very much...NOT rice crispy cakes! :mad: But my son LOVES dark choc AND marshmallows so it was no disaster to him (and I'm sure the news that he and his sister will have to work their way through it without my help won't upset him too much either). :D

My son had to make rice crispy cakes for his science homework last night :hmm: so they can have those for pudding.
We only had dark chocolate and also ended up shoving a load of mini marshmallows in too :facepalm: so I didn't actually enjoy the piece I had very much...NOT rice crispy cakes! :mad: But my son LOVES dark choc AND marshmallows so it was no disaster to him (and I'm sure the news that he and his sister will have to work their way through it without my help won't upset him too much either). :D

next time you should make them with different bus route numbers spelt out in mini marshmallows on the top :cool:

Back
Top Bottom