Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Well no thanks to sheo I remembered the tuna STEAKS - sheo pls note - and I'll be having one of those with udon noodles and peas and a splash or two of soy. Which is a bit plain, but I'll be livening up the tuna with this:

TigerTigerWasabiSauce.jpg

nom nom nom! :D

So there. sheo.

Not heard of either of those... more info please :)

Angels & Gypsies is Spanish tapas. The Canton Arms is a pub on the South Lambeth Rd that does really nice food whilst remaining unponcy. The chef is originally from The Eagle in Farringdon - often said to be the first gastropub.

I have got veggie soup in the slow cooker as we speak.

Pearl barley, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, cumin, carrots, leaks, celery (chopped in large pieces so they add flavour but I can take them out as I hate cooked celery), garlic, potatoes, peas, flageolet beans, seasoning, vegetable stock.
For the last 20 mins you throw in a can of chopped tomatoes too.

I hope it comes out ok.

I took something out of the freezer this morning - I'm hoping that it's a lamb and chickpea thing that I did in the slow cooker a couple of weeks ago.
The boy is going to a mate's for tea so it's just me and the bloke so I can spice it up with a large dollop of harissa.
Served with couscous.

I just bought that Henderons Relish (a veggie like Worcester sauce from Sheffield) for the first time. I'm really pleased that I forgot to buy spaghetti in ASDA and had to wander in my local SPAR. :cool:

They both sound nice MsT :)

kittyP... sounds like it'll work well. Bloody tomatoes that's what I need back in my life! Bring on next week!

Lamb tagine type stew with new potatoes or mash... I dont think those 2 things go very well together but I ordered a few too many potatoes in the monthly shop so have to get rid of them somehow!

Chicharron and my favourite coleslaw that I haven't made for ages. I've got goat tomorrow but my mate's being a little twat saying she doesn't want it.

Goan vindalloo (sharwoods sauce things 99p lidl) trimmed and chopped belly pork , peppers onions and 'srooms ..sauce tastes like a hot Mulligatawny .. 2 hours in the oven ..bit of rice and fresh nan ...

Not had this before ...normally I use pataks paste as a base and add stuff

Sausages and pasta with tomatoe sauce - have really got into doing my own sauce lately, makes me feel like a Mafia bad guy - Don Numbers :D I wont even let my missus know my recipe, but she has given it her approval.

They both sound nice MsT :)

kittyP... sounds like it'll work well. Bloody tomatoes that's what I need back in my life! Bring on next week!

Its not looking or smelling very nice at the moment but I have a cold so that might be effecting the smell :(

Sausages and pasta with tomatoe sauce - have really got into doing my own sauce lately, makes me feel like a Mafia bad guy - Don Numbers :D I wont even let my missus know my recipe, but she has given it her approval.
Do you use a razor blade to slice the garlic? :hmm:

Its not looking or smelling very nice at the moment but I have a cold so that might be effecting the smell :(
:( sounds nice.

I have to stop eating hummus every night. It's getting ridiculous now.
Nowt wrong with houmous every day :)

I make pork fillet with a mushroomy, white wine and mustard sauce, mini roast potatoes and garlicky green beans. Nom.

Well, I have stirred the tomatoes in and added some tomato purée and English mustard but its a bit schmeeer.
The flavour is odd and definitely lacking something.

adding chilis,a small bit of sugar or a small dollop of marmite tends to be my default odd flavour repairers :)

i am having a picky tea tonight as cant be bothered to cook. the eldest 2 kids had fish and chips from the chippy as they didnt get back from their day trip till 6 so we got them on the walk home and the others all had chicken and pasta earlier

so far i have had a chicken attack-a-snak ( mmmm plasticy goodness) and some crispy bacon bits

adding chilis,a small bit of sugar or a small dollop of marmite tends to be my default odd flavour repairers :)

i am having a picky tea tonight as cant be bothered to cook. the eldest 2 kids had fish and chips from the chippy as they didnt get back from their day trip till 6 so we got them on the walk home and the others all had chicken and pasta earlier

so far i have had a chicken attack-a-snak ( mmmm plasticy goodness) and some crispy bacon bits

Its already got some Cayenne in so is quite spicey.
Maybe sugar.

Roasted vegetable tart (shop-bought, due to another 12 hour working day) potato wedges, green beans.

Slow cooker creation tonight: chicken, coconut milk, korma paste, a red pepper, some baby new potatoes and some baby sweetcorn.
Fortune cookies for pudding :)

Back
Top Bottom