Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

So last night’s pizza was a bit of a winner…. Although I still can’t get the bases nice and thin and crispy – the dough is waaay too elastic for me to stretch and roll it thin enough…

But it was topped with home made tomato sauce, roasted red peppers and red onions and garlic, mushrooms, sliced olives and sun dried tomatoes, with a good sprinkling of mozzarella and cheddar on top. was pretty good all in all!

Tonight is something with boiled potatoes from my dad’s allotment and steamed veg. not sure what the something will be but something from the freezer probably :oops:

tonight will be curry of some sort. definatly making saag paneer, then either a lamb balti or fish curry. will make both and the kids can pick what they want and leftovers can be frozen :)

So Sheo how did the girl go with 'things from the sea' tonight. I reckon this is the year she goes veggie. I'm willing to bet 50p on it!

It's *small creatures* from the sea, moonsi! :D

She ate it, but is still not too keen! :facepalm:
You'll be pleased to know (as was she ;) ) that we're having falafels tonight :D - in BUILD YOUR OWN wraps, with salad and mayo.

Ice cream for afters - either posh Tesco's coffee (that for me, defo! :cool: ) or a B&J caramel and nut one.

Yesterday I made curried butternut squash soup with peanut butter and garnish of roasted and salted peanuts. I'll be making it again as it was very tasty!!!

Last night we had roast chicken with sweetcorn, roast potatoes and gravy, the left over chicken is going into a chicken madras curry I'm making today to eat tomorrow, and the left over potatoes will be fried up with onions and mushrooms for tonights tea, with roast pork belly and probably cabbage.

I had dinner out at a grill restaurant....steak, chips, veggies and red wine with shallot sauce very nice ..........all washed down with loadsa red wine :):cool:

Still feeling ropey, so my favourite ill food, a small bowl of radishes with salt flaks to dip in.

Tonight we shall be eating curry. Still can't decide whether to stop drinking for a bit - a Friday night is the true test.

Going round to my daughter's friend's after school, so have already prepared some herby/garlicky/lemony strips of chicken breast to quickly fry and put into the remaining wraps with salad when we get back.

Although her mum quite often puts on a bit of a spread, so I might well have had a pizza/crisps/quiche/cake starter too :facepalm: :D

I use this recipe and it's really excellent, with practice and confidence I've managed to get very thin pizza's with lovely crusts

oooh, that's good to know- I shall try to remember to try this one in future! do you always use the semolina flour or do you sub in some other flour?

tonight for me will be the tea i didn't have last night as I went to the pub and had cider, baked camembert and chips :oops:

Chilli, baked potatoes, some cheesy bites that you put in the oven. Basically more eating up. That only leaves a load of cheese and the fridge will be back to it's healthy best again :D

It was gonna be beers and butternut + chickpea thai green curry, but I noticed the daughter had left a fuckton of mushrooms in the fridge from her meal last night, so as they will NEED to be used up, I'm leaning more towards mushroom + cheese frittata (finally got this right now), with chips (wedges if I can be arsed peeling spuds), salad, sliced peppers, and sundried tomatoes

mmmm

Oh and if it's frittata, then it's red wine not beer :cool:

A roast beef, gherkin and onion butty with a liberal dollop of horse's radish sauce. And six pieces of treacle toffee.

Back
Top Bottom