Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Pie, mash and loads of veg. It's the first time I've cooked a proper meal in ages other than warm up soup/ toast etc.

I ain't been well, I need nutrition....
I've bunged carrots, onions and lentils together in a soup which I shall have later with some wholemeal bread.

well, it *was* going to be chicken and spinach pie. i'm rather proud of my pastry-making skills at the mo. however, the chicken has gone off :confused: so we're having a curry.

Had foldover pizza with sundried tomato, goats cheese, roast peppers, garlic, chilli oil, mozzerala, bottle of red, followed by icecream: orange & mascarpone, clotted cream, and honeycomb. When i came home I wolfed down a packet of roast beef Monster Munch, a Topic chocolate bar and cup of tea. Now drinking sparkling water :cool:

Roast pork fillet in herb crust with roasted carrots, onions and parsnips and broccoli and peas. A slice of the top layer of our wedding cake for pudding :D

Ooooh congrats, foamy! When was the big day and did you enjoy it (course ya did! :D )?!? :cool:

Sausages here today - posh chipolatas, with oven chips and broccoli. Creme caramels and squirty cream for pudding.

Ooooh congrats, foamy! When was the big day and did you enjoy it (course ya did! :D )?!? :cool:

it was on the 29th december but the cake still tastes fine - in fact i just had a slab of it with a cuppa on my return home from the first day back at work :D

tonight we have freezer lucky dip chilli with rice, peas and sweetcorn.
I have to get back into weekly meals planning.

Congratulations foamy :)

Frittata with onions, new potatoes and peppers for me tonight, with enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

Just had a brandy and fervently rid my cupboards of carbs then realised I haven't been shopping since before Christmas so um. A bit of miserable cucumber and philly probably.

Boo, pip, boo. That sounds miserable. No hope of venturing out in a cucumber avoidance mission?

The fridge is finally getting towards empty here after the excesses of the past couple of weeks. It's a pleasant change tbh - every time you made some progress into the overspilling fridge stores then it'd be miraculously replenished with more tupperware boxes of leftovers from another meal do at the relatives. Now it's finally possible to peer around the items in the fridge and see bare space. Some very whiffy cheese (ripe Brie) still in there though

Tonight's some bolognese (our leftovers this time) and then it's time for a shop without feeling guilty.

Lemon and garlic chicken, wholemeal pasta with home made (by me!!!!) tomatoe, clove, tarragon and basil sauce.

Also making a cheese/egg mayo as a side, but more with sandwiches for tomorrow in mind.

Made a big venison and beef stew last night for tonight but don't fancy anything very rich now so mr jb will have stew and I've bought a cheese and onion quiche from budgens, which I'll have with salad. This is very not like me, I may be sickening fir something :( ( not pregnant)

shit its getting late and i need to do the washing up. it is gonna be bangers and mash and beans - my favourite!
love.gif
sausages been defrosting for two days, have to go wash up and cook. :( woe is meee :(

I'm ill (very ill if it is measured by my moaning and hang-dog face) so my BF cooked up a hot feast of:

popadums with chilli garlic mushrooms, a hot yoghurt sauce and cucumber & onion salad.
paneer masala & quorn, pepper & spinach madras served with rice & peshwari naan
mini almond magnum
vodka & diet coke
paracetamol
pholocodine linctus (wimp chemist won't stock the proper stuff)

Homemade beef stew, which spent 2 hours bubbling in the casserole dish, had it with buttery mashed potato followed by raspberry mousse :cool:

I have a surplus of Uncle Joe's Mint Balls so will be attempting to crush them into some kind of semifreddo creation.

Last night was pasta in tomato and olive sauce.

Tonight will be baked spud. For a change scooped out, filling mixed with the last of the Montgomery cheddar, some sort of soft cheese and sliced spring onions, then baked again. With beans.

A rosti topped fish pie, made with salmon and john dory - and maybe a few king prawns stuck into the end that me and the boy will eat (am hoping she'll eat the rest...after loving it when she was little, she's been off fish for a while, but she's doing GOOD TRYING in 2011 :cool: :D so we'll see :hmm: ...she'll not even entertain the idea of a prawn though) - with broccoli and sugar snap peas.
More creme caramel for them for afters, blueberries with greek yoghurt and maple syrup for me.

Back
Top Bottom