Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

pie , made from defrosted meat stew from the freezer ( meat will hopefully be identifiable when cooked ) , topped with pastry shapes rather than a full pie crust. with what ever veg i can find in the fridge

Boeuf en croute (yeah, ok, beef wellington :mad:) cranberry/port gravy, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, mashed buttery swede, bread sauce, yorkshires.....

yummmmmmmm!

Mmmmmmmmm! ^^^ :cool:

We're having party snacks - mini hotdogs, mini veg spring rolls, filo prawns, mini eclairs and mini strawberry and toffee cheesecakes. There might be some other stuff too but I can't remember.... :hmm:

Some token salad *for health* ( :rolleyes: ) and some crisps, too, obv. :cool:

Last nights was good - Mushroom and mascapone pasta bake

Start to boil 500g of pasta

250g of various mushrooms roughly torn apart frying in a small amount of olive oil, add 200ml of white wine, 250g of mascapone and 250ml of double cream and a couple of teaspoonfuls of garlic puree and bring to the boil.

Drain the pasta and add the sauce to it, pour into a casserole dish. Top with cheese and course breadcrumbs and wack in a 180 deg oven for 20 minutes. Let it start for 5 minutes and then dish up.

Lovely stuff.

am making mushroom and ale stew with dumplings for 9 people along with a selection of breads and dips... can't think of a quick pud tho.... maybe just cocktails.

Got a few people coming round so am making a big chilli with baked potaoes, garlic bread, guacamole, sour cream etc..

Plus booze, lots and lots of booze!!

One of those chunky beef chilli's that take all day to cook and drive you mad with the aroma. Using my new pans and new rice cooker. This is very exciting.

I've made the gravy and the stuffing for the beef and my god it's awesome :cool:

I quite often say I'm not a good cook but I am you know :)

I'd imagine you're a good cook, madz. I quite often read your posts on this thread and think what you're having sounds nice.

snackheeeeeeeaaaaaaaaad!:cool: Not seen you for a while - WB! :)

Happy New Year, thread! :cool:

We're having roast gammon (just one of the small joints) with a honey/mustard glaze, roast potatoes, broccoli and gravy.
The last of the lemon/blueberry tart for pudding.

tonight is slow cooked silverside of beef, with bacon and stout (been cooking for a couple of hours now, smells lush, still some time to go yet) with pommes dauphinoise and something green, probably peas

can't wait :cool:

the healthy eating starts again on Tuesday :hmm:

Cooking for friends tonight - so far I've made a beef madras, the paneer for a saag paneer side dish and the stuffing for stuffed paratha's - a bit spicier than I like but it will be fine I'm sure when it's all done.

Fish pie (with no White fish so I hope it's ok) carrots and broccoli
Mince pie for pudding- no ice cream though as it fell victim to the freezer door which bounces open when it's slammed shut :(

Back
Top Bottom