Parma ham wrapped artichokes in olive oil for starters
toast with pate and smoked salmon
venison in natural gravy
mashed herb potatoes with breas sauce
brussel sprouts with chestnuts and bacon
garlic mushrooms (dried, porcini, the works) for the meat eaters and veggie

outstanding.

Very full of goose. :cool:

It was a bugger to carve though, in the end drafted my sister who attacked one side whist I did the other.

Xmas pudding and soya custard - seeing as I had rather a lot of roast spuds and sprouts for lunch which left no room for it then.

Roast chicken with rosemary and garlic, gravy, broccoli, roast parsnips and the crunchiest, most delicious roasties ever! Used Iberico pork fat - usually my roast potatoes are rubbish but these were crunchy and fluffy and gorgeous :):) Mince pies, wine and whisky for pudding :) Christmas is :cool:

Rosemary roasted top side of beef with broccoli, carrots, green beans and 2 Brussels sprouts under duress.
Mincemeat 'tartlets' with vanilla ice cream and clementine zest.

I don't know. We will wing it.

But the next night, it's do it yourself tacos or burritos. All of these girlfriends and boyfriends of the children are coming over and will congregate. They can fix their own meals, with tortillas and fried burger meat. If they're extra good, maybe later they can play Singstar, and pretend to be Lady GaGa, or Journey.

We are going to Pizza Express as I have cashed in some credit card points. We have £40 to spend on 4 of us...I just need to find a discount voucher now.

Tempura Prawn and Tempura Vegetables (baby sweetcorn and mushrooms).....if I can work out the balance of batter mix and iced water as the instructions are in Korean and Japanese.

My son is ill :-( but says he fanicies some smoked salmon on it's own :rolleyes:
Probably smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels for me and the small girl.

I'm stressed now cos they were meant to be going to their Nanny's tom (their dad's mum - cos he conveniently got himself off to India for 6+ weeks on Xmas eve) and I bought the tickets ahead so as to save some money but now a) the boy is ill and doesn't feel like going and b) their aunty says the weather is bad so maybe I could meet her mum the next day (in London) but I can't afford to buy more train tickets :facepalm: - especially not cos then they'd probably change the return date too (which I've already bought tickets for too), he might not be able togo anyway (so I'd have to leave him here, ill, on his own) and she might well come down with it too/pass it on etc....plus that'd mean taking them there, having a day back here and then going to collect them the next day which is all a bit too knackering sounding.
Just got to wait till nanny herself calls tonight to see what's happening.... :confused:

This isn't the right thread for this is it? But I fancy a moan and I can't be arsed to repeat it anywhere else.... :p

My son is ill :-( but says he fanicies some smoked salmon on it's own :rolleyes:
Probably smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels for me and the small girl.

I'm stressed now cos they were meant to be going to their Nanny's tom (their dad's mum - cos he conveniently got himself off to India for 6+ weeks on Xmas eve) and I bought the tickets ahead so as to save some money but now a) the boy is ill and doesn't feel like going and b) their aunty says the weather is bad so maybe I could meet her mum the next day (in London) but I can't afford to buy more train tickets :facepalm: - especially not cos then they'd probably change the return date too (which I've already bought tickets for too), he might not be able togo anyway (so I'd have to leave him here, ill, on his own) and she might well come down with it too/pass it on etc....plus that'd mean taking them there, having a day back here and then going to collect them the next day which is all a bit too knackering sounding.
Just got to wait till nanny herself calls tonight to see what's happening.... :confused:

This isn't the right thread for this is it? But I fancy a moan and I can't be arsed to repeat it anywhere else.... :p

Define 'ill'.

Temperature, achey body, headache, runny nose, sore throat etc....why? :hmm: :D

He always wants to go and see them - he wouldn't say he didn't want to if he was feeling remotely up to it (he can be fairly ill usually and still be on his feet but he's been feeling WELL sorry for himself today - there has been tears even, lol)

(It's not like I don't WANT them to go, btw :D - would be the only break I get till *whenever* their dad decides to come back :facepalm: )

ETA - Actually I see why how ill was relevant there!

Back
Top Bottom