Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Had homemade turkey pie with bread sauce and veg for lunch, but gonna have walnuts and carmelised onions with baked goats cheese, steak and chips, and chocolate brownies for dinner.

walnuts and carmelised onions with baked goats cheese, steak and chips, and chocolate brownies for dinner.

If I'm ever on death row I may just have this as my last meal. Nom.

We're having takeaway curry! on a Monday! Crazy. Chana chaat, chicken saag and pilao rice.

Had homemade turkey pie with bread sauce and veg for lunch, but gonna have walnuts and carmelised onions with baked goats cheese, steak and chips, and chocolate brownies for dinner.

I'm craving for your caramelised onions with baked goat cheese
and your chocolate brownies

I just did a huge pot of dhal with added black-eye beans and veg because it's easily heated in the microwave when people get in, all cold and snowflake bedecked. It went down well.

^^^m are you sure Sheo...:p:D

I'm going for either veggie cottage pie & veg or mrsfrans puy lentil lasagne plus making a veggie soup.

I'm not actually, moonsi :facepalm: :mad: :D

Cos it's dependent on Tesco actually delivering my order (I think it'll be fine but my road is still a tiny bit bit icy...:hmm: ) and if they do, whether it's delivered towards the beginning of the slot or the end....but SO FAR that's the plan! :p

the chicken i didnt cook last night as i was overuled by demands for chips! so we had sausages,green beans and chip

oh god, last night was mostly champagne and fine whisky, so tonight I'm not sure how much I can stomach. I'm quite hankering for an indian takeaway at the mo tho so maybe that...

mmmm, egyptian lentil soup sounds amazing! what makes it egyptian then?

Um, think it's the cumin, coriander and lemon. It was just named that by someone on the net. Recipe here (piece of piss to make and dirt cheap):

Egyptian Lentil Soup

Ingredients

2 Onions
4 tbsp Olive oil
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Ground coriander
250g Split red lentils
1.5 litres Veg stock
Lemon juice (to taste)

Method

1. Chop onions and fry in olive oil until soft and just beginning to colour. Stir in the garlic, cumin and coriander. Rinse lentils and add with the stock. Bring to the boil and remove any scum that appears on the surface. Simmer for 30–40 minutes, or until the lentils have disintegrated.
2. Taste and season the soup. Add the lemon juice before serving (a bit at a time until it’s to your tastes).

it's so incredibly simple and so tasty - become a favourite already with me. the lemon juice REALLY makes it, imo

Corrrrr. I might give that a go tonight. I imagine it's lovely with some naan bread.

It's nice with any kind of bread tbh tits - I like it with doorstep slices of white bread, thickly buttered :D:cool:

Had it as a poncey starter last night for a mate, and then vegetable tagine with couscous after. mmmMMM

I like the look of that soup too, but I like to do large batches and freeze it and the freezer is currently full (I almost ran off to start cooking without checking as I have all the ingredients to hand, I know it will go down well with the OH too) - but will definitely give it a go next week!

I like the look of that soup too, but I like to do large batches and freeze it and the freezer is currently full (I almost ran off to start cooking without checking as I have all the ingredients to hand, I know it will go down well with the OH too) - but will definitely give it a go next week!

:) I always have all of those ingredients in, which makes it another brilliant meal. I couldn't believe how much difference a few squeezes of a lemon in it made. I've made carrot and lentil soup for years, and it's completely different to this :cool:

I just had the most delicious fish pie I've ever ever eaten. King prawns, scallops and cod with a flavoursome sauce and a nice crisp and gooey cheesy topping. Shiftyjunior and I both agree that it's our new favourite dinner. NOM.

ooooh, cheers soj, I might just make that tonight. sounds lush! i make a similar one that yottam ottolenghi did for his guardian column, which used sumac, but funnily enough I don't often have that to hand, so a squeeze of lemon would work really well :cool:

mmmmmm, looking forward to this now :)

Back
Top Bottom