Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

After a quick triP to the coop's tramps buffet our dinner plans have changed from chicken risotto to roast pork,

Might have a choice of pork and patties with pine tarts for desert and/or Sunday Roast (spuds/chicken).

Tis an active kitchen here today. :cool:

roast beef with a redcurrant glaze, roasted new potatoes and carrots, green beans, brocolli and stuffing. :cool:

ok that makes more sense......

whats a lemon pine tart?! :D

I am boiling a ham. I forgot what time I put him on so now I have no idea how long its been cooking *shrug* I will most likely die from WORMS.

I'm going to mustard and sugar him up when I think he's done then shove him in the oven to glaze then have some at 3am this morning for my dinner. Who's stupid idea was this?!

Does anyone know is the ham boiling water (with onion/bay leaves/ peppercorns) worth keeping/using as stock?

Went out, so spiced chick pea and red lentil fritter with masala sauce, a roasted onion and okra, then apple and cinnamon tart tatin with honeycomb ice cream and a glass of Pedro Ximenez. The mile trek home through the snow didn't have the desired effect of walking it off *pop*

Went out, so spiced chick pea and red lentil fritter with masala sauce, a roasted onion and okra, then apple and cinnamon tart tatin with honeycomb ice cream and a glass of Pedro Ximenez. The mile trek home through the snow didn't have the desired effect of walking it off *pop*

that sounds proer lush :)

Last night I had the last of the pork casserole I made last week with a baked sweet potato with goats cheese and broccoli.

I've just taken some pork tenderloin out of the freezer to make pork bun cha to have in a veg/noodle soup tonight, but I'm not sure if it's going to have enough time to defrost. :facepalm:

Otherwise I'll substitute the pork with some king prawns (hmmmmm...almost thinking I'd prefer that anyway! :hmm: :D )

Yesterday we planned to make veggie shepards pie on the way back from the pub but we had run out of potatoes. We ended up making Italian Shepards pie - that's part lasagna with a mash of parsnip and sweet potato on top. Yummy!

Friday night was shop brought pizza with ale. This meal for a Friday is turning into a bit of a routine.

Lots of macaroni cheese and beer over the weekend, as well as caff fry up and pub roasts. Burp.

Last day at work today so tonight will be mostly wine and maybe first taster from the cheese tree.

Camembert, stilton, mini cheddars, twiglets, Saint Agur, pickled onions, pickled gherkins, peanuts, Branston pickle.

Back
Top Bottom