Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

joining the baked potato club :) Maybe with hard boiled egg or baked beans or/and cheese. Something quick and easy anyway.

I think I'm going to have beans on toast with lashings of black pepper. As soon as this ranitidine kicks in that is.

Rou Jia Mo :cool:

2150roujiamo.jpg

Looks like a barm cake, but not as we know it. :hmm:

We had spag-non-bog, with one of those melty-middle chocolate puds between us for afters.

Ahh, I've never had butter pie. Do you think you could share the recipe? :) Please?

I had crackers with cheese tonight. Can't be arsed to cook.

I've got a recipe for butter pie as kb clearly can't be arsed ;)

Butter Pie
• 8 ounces Plain Flour
• 2 ounces butter
• 2 ounces shortening (dripping / lard or vegetable fat)
• 1 pinch of salt
• THE FILLING
• 3 large potatoes
• 1 large onion
• 2 ounces butter cut into thin flakes

• Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and stir in the butter and lard, using your fingertips, rub in the butter until it resembles fine crumbs, then drizzle in just enough cold water to make the pastry form a ball, leave in the fridge to rest for ½ an hour.

Meanwhile, peel the 3 large potatoes and 1 onion, cut the potato into thick slices and the onion in to half rings, next parboil the potatoes until they are just soft but still holding their shape. Sweat the onions off in a little butter until soft.

Drain the potatoes and layer into a pie dish the potatoes, onions, and butter flakes, into which you have rolled out a bottom layer of pastry, season with salt and pepper and top off with the top layer of pastry.
Bake at 180 degrees (between 4 and 5) for approx ½ hour until golden, serve immediately with your preferred condiment.

I cheat though and use the pastry in a bag mixes cos me hands are too clammy to make proper pastry.

Tonight we shall be dining on co op pizza and chips as am really quite hungover still and cannae be arsed cooking

No joke, all I've eaten since Tuesday is a (hexagonal :mad:) tube of Smarties, so I'm going to try and ask my friend to bring me kushari.

Had lovely homemade kushari, saffron yoghurt and roast hazlenut and sumak chicken, but had totally lost my appetite by the time it was on my plate so had half a spoonful and put it in the fridge :-/

The other half is on late shift so we won't be eating until around midnight, I'm currently putting together a veggie cottage pie type thing to be heated up when he gets home. Also making some leek based soup for lunch tomorrow and the rest to go in the freezer.

The other half is on late shift so we won't be eating until around midnight, I'm currently putting together a veggie cottage pie type thing to be heated up when he gets home. Also making some leek based soup for lunch tomorrow and the rest to go in the freezer.

i say, it's very magnanimous of you to wait for him. i don't think i could be so. :oops:

Proper 70s hippy food - tomato/bean casserole with sosmix balls :cool:
Peach soya yoghurt with ratafia biscuits

I had a chinese last night. Chicken and sweetcorn soup, wonton soup, salt and pepper ribs and a spring roll.

And as she does every time, the nice lady who answers the phone said, after confirming my order, 'No noodles, no rice...' with the inflection rising on noodles and then falling on rice.
It starts as a question.....but then she gets half way through....and realises who it is :facepalm: ....and it ends as a statement of fact.
No - I'll just have all your starters please. :oops:

Anyway, all sensible order has left this house till Christmas (or maybe New Year :hmm: ), so I'm having the reheated spring roll that I didn't eat last night (fucking hell I love em reheated! :cool: )....and then I might have some toast and the last of the crab pate, too. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom