Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

My son'll be at his dads and my daughter's going to her friends for tea so it's just me....except that I'm going to meet my bezzer with her car at B&Q to get the Christmas tree (and then possibly also get her to run me to Sainsburys to get a little bit of shopping :p ) so something very quick and easy when I get back before I have to start decorating it (but no doubt after I've spent half an hour hacking some branches/thickness off the bottom :mad: )....probably the last veggie burger in pitta with lettuce, mayo and a cheese slice. :hmm:

Something quick using some of the pots of cream Ms R has been filling the firdge up with - carbonara or pasta al fredo.

are you sure you will have the veggie burger Sheo...as you do seem to change your mind about dinner a lot!!!...;)

I will def be having the veggie spag bol that I def didn't cook or eat last night.

xmas do number 2 tonight, so I'll be having:

spiced roast parsnip soup with caramelised apple croutons
roast sweet Romero pepper filled with roast pumpkin (disappointing sounding veggie option :()
chocolate brownie with a mandarin mascarpone (YUM:))

are you sure you will have the veggie burger Sheo...as you do seem to change your mind about dinner a lot!!!

Well I don't usually as it happens - especially not when I've done a week or two's worth of plans (reminds me to get stuff out of the freezer etc apart from anything else) but I seem to have odd phases of it, iykwim!
Tbf, lately, I've barely known which children I'm going to have and when which makes a big difference too, plus I think it's just that run up to Christmas where everything's a bit more chaotic than usual - oh AND I was ill twice in the space of a couple of weeks which had a bit of an impact on my appetite but also my energy.

Normal service will no doubt resume come January!

But so far as today goes....well you're not fuckin wrong moonsi cos I ended up having the last veggie burger for lunch :facepalm: :D
I'm going to go down to Sainsburys myself before the Christmas tree shopping and get some bits I need because I've been waiting in for days for parcels that NEVER COME :mad: (but defo won't come this late now) and am in dire need of some fruit and veg and crisps :D etc but will then wander aimlessly around the aisles for a bit seeing if anything grabs my fancy.

Although I'll prob just leave with a new pack of veggie burgers. :rolleyes:

I did indeed get a new packet of veggie burgers - but they were doing a 2 packs for £3 offer so I nearly got some spicy beanburgers too but then something caught my eye....and Steel Icarus this is YOUR fault....so I now also have a packet of cauli cheese grills in the freezer too. :D

But got back and decorated the tree (after hacking shit loads of bottom branches and knobbly bits off the bottom to jam it into the stand, as per usual :mad: ) and I'm knackered now, so will have something easy from the other bits I picked up - either toast and crab pate or toasted pitta and moroccan style hummus. Having wine first though!

Had the xmas dinner with the works yesterday, it was nice - they didnt have bread sauce with the turkey though it was in Green Park and the wine was GOOD

as I am still recovering from the flu, tonights dinner was lazy junkfood. I had onion rings, beans, white toast with Kerrygold butter, two cumberland sausages, reggae reggae sauce, beans with lee perrins and cheese. Now Im tucked up in bed and about to devour a Toffee Crisp :)

Have just put some pork/mushrooms/onion/garlic/carrot/white wine/stock/soy sauce/mushroom ketchup/bay/fresh thyme in the slow cooker (after browning the meat/onions/mushrooms and adding some flour to thicken before I added the liquids) so will DEFINITELY :D be having that for dinner! Probably with crusted sage dumplings and broccoli.

Baked spud, beans and cheese. Cheese then beans & served in a bowl for her, beans then cheese and on a plate for me - she won the battle last week but the great cheesybeanz war continues unabated. Defeat is not an option; I will triumph, there will be no quarter. Probbly.

urgh - something crappy after work at 9.30 no doubt... also have to pop home to visit my repulsive, pompous, egotistical cousin who's visiting so that should be fun...

Made a mahoosive vegetable tagine last night - first time I've done one of them, and used harissa paste, was proper fucking nom. Anyway - seconds of that tonight, with some chopped apricots on the side (cos I don't like them mixed in) and plain couscous

And then some as-yet unknown source of choccy

I've had chili con carne for breakfast, lunch and tea. Theres fuckloads left over from a church dinner. I will also have it for all nutritional needs tommorrow. I think it covers all the major food groups.

smoked haddock fish cakes with peas and sweetcorn - emergency quick oven dinner as I forgot about today :O

Hors deurves (or whatever canapes at these things:rolleyes:). I had a burger king at victoria. Think it was the Aungus (no difference between that and a whopper) with chips. The Angus dudnt have cheese (altho i did ask) :oops:. Did the polite thing and kept it in brown paper bag till i got home (so as not to stink train out)

Off out tonight, so it's more than likely a fried egg butty, with brown sauce, and lashing and lashings of Staropramen, plus some brandy out of me flask :cool:

I think I may be ready for something approaching a proper tea tonight after a week with a horrible gastric flu bug :(
Jacket spud with goats cheese and salad.

Something carb heavy after the gym. Got the house to myself for once so it'll probably be a pasta dish with loads of chilli in it.

Back
Top Bottom