Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

tonight is left overs from last night, the chilli was fucking amazing :cool:

Amazing doesn't quite cover it. Best chilli I've ever had that's for sure!

Tonight we are having roast lamb, cauliflower cheese, yorkshire puddings, veg and Aunt Bessies roast potatoes and honey glazed parsnips. That's a first! :D

Argh, why didn't I buy a cauli yesterday? I've been craving cauli cheese for weeks now! :facepalm:

No tea last night after an afternoon of grazing. Tonight is curry roast chuck with green beans and rice :)

Never thought about it tbh (and at the mo we don't have room). Do you blanche them before freezing or freeze them raw :hmm:

Change of plan! Had my veggie burger for lunch but have changed dinner to an even MORE can't be arsed dinner than the baked sweet potato :D and am putting in the Tesco finest oven baked potatoes with bacon (they're actually like tiny roasties :cool:) I got as the side dish in one of their meal deals....and am also adding some king prawns to it, too. :D

Can't even be fucked to do the green beans :D so I'll make up for the shitty stodge A BIT by having grapes and strawberries for pudding.

I'm totally thrown by these frozen roasties tbh. I normally do things while the potatoes are par boiling or roasting or whatever. I'm a bit lost for timings now! :D

Not much as I went to the pub for lunch and had a mixed grill. I probably don't need to eat now for another week or so.

Urgh - potatoes were fucking rank :mad: - like how very, very old and tough and dried up roast potatoes go, iykwim?

Tbf - they came from the fresh bit and then I froze them so perhaps that wrecked them a bit but then again it says freezing is ok and even gives cooking instructions from frozen too so that shouldn't really be any excuse.

I ate the whole lot anyway mind you! :D :rolleyes:

Had to have some tootie frooties to get rid of the taste :D

A big hunk of pork belly on the bone, presently roasting gently in the oven with plenty of jerk spicing. The wet marinade's going a bit too brown for my tastes if the truth be told, but I'm sure it'll taste lovely.

Coconut rice and peas to accompany. Another patient hour or so I reckon.

Garlic studded roast leg of lamb with steamed potatoes, carrots, green beans and from our garden: curly kale!
After eight mints for pud. Nom.

Kidneys were good.
Not something I would normally have. Especially on a Sunday evening. Enjoyed it though :)

Fried chicken with the Christmassy tomato and chilli jam I spent this afternoon making, rice and peas (with coconut, natch - I don't know of any other rubbish rice and peas without?) and broccoli.

Followed by the chocolate cake I made while jam was reducing, with a ganache AND peanut m&m topping :oops:

cooked a roast chicken, roast potatoes, parsnips, stuffing, sausages,bacon,sweetcorn and green beans for the kids and my sister

i had a sausage sandwich with sweetcorn and green beans

I am totally full of the lurgy. I have a pathetic little voice that I am hoping will turn into Frostrup sexy. Currently I'm in bed but if I do manage to wibble to the shops I will get the extras required for a spag bol and if not it will be jacket potato and quorn lemon & black pepper fillets & salad.

Back
Top Bottom