Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I had Christmas pudding.
I was going to have it with custard, but a thorough search of all cupbaords revealed that I had none. So I improvised and had it with (hot) strawberry blancmange instead. Pretty nice, as it goes, but what sort of a shoddy house am I running here that can run out of custard yet have a ready supply of sodding blancmange?

Last night was baked spud. Mrs R served up so I had to have cheese then beans. It's just wrong. Then she suggested I try her pesto flavoured mayo on it - proper minging. Nearly ruined me tea.

Tonight will be some sort of frittata with bubble & squeak and green beans.

cheese then beans

satisfied_clients.jpg

Vege chilli with lots of Cumin. Served with sour cream. I'll pimp it up by grating some lime rind into the sour cream and using pinto beans over regular kidney beans.

And listening to Depeche Mode - or another classic 80's band? Blue nun would probably be the wine to serve with your meal!

It's 70's, not 80's!

I am ill. AGAIN! :facepalm: Picture of health, me! :D So got a chinese last not cos I could NOT be bothered to cook - although I ended up rushed off my feet all evening anyway...helping the small girl do her Christmas cards, doing an urgent wash of school trousers, putting away the Tesco delivery (at the same time as trying to deal with my son who had a massive nose bleed while he was in the bath), washing the small girl, blah, blah, blah.....on and on and on and on...so thank FUCK I didn't cook, too!

They're going to their dad's tonight but not leaving till half five so we're going to do the courgette/feta etc tarts so they'll have something to eat earlier instead of waiting till he manages to get a meal together once they get back to his...

I have no appetite at all atm, but will have some dhal and pitta bread later if I fancy something.

And listening to Depeche Mode - or another classic 80's band? Blue nun would probably be the wine to serve with your meal!

Actually I was dining in 1967 - it was a 60's themed murder mystery evening :)
(although I admit the food did have a bit of a 70s slant, but I didn't cook it so there :p)

Not sure if I can be arsed to eat anything tonight, I'm fighting a cold so perhaps a pint of OJ, some sudafed and an early would be in order.

Gah, sheo, hope you feel better soon..!

We had Pizza Hut cos it's my birthday and we were too lazy to trek across the city in rush-hour to a proper pizza place. Half and half pizza, one half lush and the other minging!

last night ended up being cheesey chips at the dog track :D tonight will be wine at a friend's house and some food to go along with that probably...

Oh shut up, you tart :D

I've just taken some squid and the last lot :-( of the slow roasted tomato passata I made from my garden tomatoes out of the freezer so will have that with some linguine, with a bit of basil and parmesan on top.

I've got strawberries for pudding (very seasonal, I know:D ) and there's some Ben & Jerry's choc fudge brownie yoghurt in the freezer too.... :hmm:

Appetite back sheo? I had a weird day yesterday... couldn't eat all day, then had to go out for a meal and ended up having steak and chips :D

Yes, thanks! :D

I had a few leftover prawn crackers and the remains of the veg puff pastry tart the kids made in the end last night, which wasn't more than a few mouthfuls really....but I've just had the dhal and pitta bread I was going to have last night, for breakfast, so yeah, reckon it's safe to say I'll have less of an issue with it today :D

Glad you got some steak and chips down ya and hope you bloody well enjoyed it, too! :cool:

I had a baked waitrose lasagne (not good, was too ill to cook )....:(

and a 'very berry' little cheesecake for dessert, which aint too bad.

Got my mum coming down for the day and she's had some work done on her teeth so had requested soft foods :D so we're having cottage pie with broccoli and then (shop bought) rhubarb crumble with custard or ice cream.

Tonights dinner was ace, roast chicken (with no herbs or garlic, just roasted it plain and it was beautiful, was a really good cornfed chicken), with leeks done in cream and wholegrain mustard, roast potatoes (in goose fat), herb and sage stuffing, gravy, yorkshire puddings and bread sauce. Dessert were posh little pots of key lime pie from M&S, which were great.

Just me - so gonna have a veggie burger with a cheese slice and some lettuce in pitta bread and a baked sweet potato with goats cheese and green beans - just haven't quite decided which to have for lunch and which for dinner! :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom