Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

jacket spud with beans and cheese I think - though maybe toad in the hole - depends a) how cold the bloody kitchen is and b) if we can be arsed

Once again I failed to get anything out of the freezer because I was busy and then drunk so I had to go to sainsbury. We are having lamb shank (again) with roasted new pots, roasted carrots, green beans and brocolli.

I'm going to be eating quiche for a while, I was in Tesco today and they were reduced to 20p, so I bought lot and now have quite a full freezer. :)

Awaiting the arrival of lamb tikka, saag aloo, rice, nan, poppodums. Beers are in the fridge. Wicked :cool:

We had pork belly (James Martin recipe using honey and chilli), roast potatoes, sprouts, carrot and stuffing. It was great. Especially the crackling :cool:

Too knackered to cook, so took some 3 bean chilli out of the freezer, which we're gonna have with rice and a shagload of grated cheese over the top

Teacakes for afters I think - just fancy em

It's the night of the crispy chinese pork belly - FINALLY! :cool: Oooooooohooooohoooohooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! *rubs hands together*

Will have it with rice and steamed pak choi with oyster sauce.

And I STILL haven't done the crumble :facepalm: so for pudding either that - OR, since I'm still trying to use freezer stuff, I might just do the pears and plum in a toffee/caramel sauce to have on top of waffles with ice cream. :hmm:

It's heart attack day today! :cool:

So we're having a nice root vegetable and pearl barley casserole with veggie sausages.

Definitely having one of these this week.

Made a massive minestrone soup at the weekend which kept us warm between bouts of drinking and playing records. Tonight will be something with loads of vegetables - maybe a paella.

Spaghetti with pastrami, pancetta, mushrooms, tomatoes and pesto. Rocket on the top and buttered slices of sour bread on the side :)

Spaghetti with pastrami, pancetta, mushrooms, tomatoes and pesto. Rocket on the top and buttered slices of sour bread on the side :)

Not bad for a thrown together meal. Not quite enough pesto for flavour. Have leftovers too.

Tonight?

Had goats cheese and mascarpone pasta bake with lots of veg in last night - wasn't bad.

Tonight is cider sausages, mash, green beans and broccoli :)

Mmm goats cheese, there's an idea Biddly.
I think I'll have a baked sweet potato with goats cheese, with some baby sprouts that need using up.

Really small :D
I bought them the other day and played up the 'cuteness' of them and actually managed to get BoatieBoy to eat a couple of them (he's won't usually touch them) :cool:

Noddy's cabbages! :cool:

Just me and the girl tonight - coconut dhal and toasted pitta for me and beans on toast for her. There's still some of the pork left too, so might slice that up and stick some of that into each of ours too.

it's going to have to be something very healthy. after a weekend of festivalling in Bultins followed by a rather horrific 14 hour car journey back to glasgow, i am feeling a bit under the weather!

That Egyptian lentil soup again, with home made garlic croutons and two fuckoff big thick slices from the bloomer I shall buy shortly

And choccy teacakes for afters

I was going to make meatballs and pasta but I've just had the biggest lunch I've had in months and I feel a bit wrong :oops: so possibly fruit and nothing else for me :oops:

Back
Top Bottom