Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Change of plan last night cos I had my son too in the end and their food tech lesson had been cancelled so he came home with the ingredients he'd taken for a puff pastry tart thing with courgette, pepper, tomatoes, onion and feta.

I'd actually had a *brainwave* when I remembered that I had to take some party food in to my daughters school on tomorrow morning and got all over excited and ahead of myself and said 'Oh we could make mini ones for the party! :cool: ' and my son looked at me and gave me a look that was a fucking perfect mix of hilarity and pity :D and said 'Errrr mum......remember when you made flapjacks for my violin class party.......and no one else ate them except me?' And I said....................'Oh yes. :oops: You're right. :facepalm: ' so we're going to make it for US to eat TONIGHT and we're taking sausage rolls for the party instead. :D

So anyway - last night they had chicken goujons, chips and broccoli with raspberry sorbet for pud and I had the last of the pork stir fried with some broc, green beans and spring onions.

I'd actually had a *brainwave* when I remembered that I had to take some party food in to my daughters school on tomorrow morning and got all over excited and ahead of myself and said 'Oh we could make mini ones for the party! :cool: ' and my son looked at me and gave me a look that was a fucking perfect mix of hilarity and pity :D and said 'Errrr mum......remember when you made flapjacks for my violin class party.......and no one else ate them except me?' And I said....................'Oh yes. :oops: You're right. :facepalm: ' so we're going to make it for US to eat TONIGHT and we're taking sausage rolls for the party instead.
Hehehe.. if I have kids I think they'll do this to me :D

Tea was a bit of disaster last night... sausages in cider were fine, but the I ruined the mash.

Tonight, some sort of pub food.

Hehehe.. if I have kids I think they'll do this to me :D

He was COMPLETELY right tho - they're five/six year old kids - they were never going to go 'Oh look - some tasty courgette and feta tarts! YUM!'

It was hilarious - the way he said it, like :D - and the way I immediately stopped and realised that I'd just ventured off into some moronic alternate reality for a moment. Instant facepalm!

And after pissing himself at his own memory, he said too 'I felt kinda sorry for you.... :( ' and I wasn't even there :D but obviously he'd just pictured my crushed, disappointed face as the kids tucked into the crisps and the shop bought fairy cakes and ignored my flapjacks altogether...LOL :D

I love your kids sheo :D

tonights tea is an M&S indian meal for one that I had in the freezer - it was on offer and perfect for nights like tonight when I don't have time to cook (cake baking) - no doubt it'll be a disappointment but it's simple and requires no effort

He was COMPLETELY right tho - they're five/six year old kids - they were never going to go 'Oh look - some tasty courgette and feta tarts! YUM!'

It was hilarious - the way he said it, like :D - and the way I immediately stopped and realised that I'd just ventured off into some moronic alternate reality for a moment. Instant facepalm!

And after pissing himself at his own memory, he said too 'I felt kinda sorry for you.... :( ' and I wasn't even there :D but obviously he'd just pictured my crushed, disappointed face as the kids tucked into the crisps and the shop bought fairy cakes and ignored my flapjacks altogether...LOL :D
He sounds like an ace lad sheo :D

^^^ he really does...and your girl too. My partners son would have loved your flapjacks esp cos they were homemade but wouldn't have gone near the courgette puff...well he may have to look at from a safe distance...:D

Tonight I'm thinking veggie cottage pie but I need to cruise the aisles in Asda first.

:D

I took a couple of random things out of the freezer this morning.
I think that they are 1 portion of lamb casserole and 1 portion of slow roast tomatoes.
Just me and the small boy tonight so I'm hoping that he'll have the tomatoes with some pasta (he's already had a hot dinner at school today) and I'll have the lamb with some couscous.

Ocado have delivered, so the last of the Welsh lamb (in loin chop form) with sweet potato mash and possibly broccoli. May even attempt gravy. Stand well back.

^^ When I worked nightshift I used to get a £2.50 veggie burger & chips & drink deal...I only had it once in a while and everytime I did it tasted like the best food ever.

I'm having quorn cottage pie & various roast veg & pototoes plus gravy & wine.

Back
Top Bottom