Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

i say, it's very magnanimous of you to wait for him. i don't think i could be so. :oops:

Not at all, it's easier if we both eat at the same time. And I'm one of those oddballs who has a totally out of whack sleeping and eating schedule, midnight isn't late for me.

Buttery Egyptian multi-carb feast :cool: lentils, rice, noodles, macaroni and onions cooked with cinnamon and nutmeg, with cumin and chilli tomato sauce on top. SO FRIGGIN COMFORTING.

Buttery Egyptian multi-carb feast :cool: lentils, rice, noodles, macaroni and onions cooked with cinnamon and nutmeg, with cumin and chilli tomato sauce on top. SO FRIGGIN COMFORTING.

That sounds excellent. Might have to try it come the new year and I can feast on carbs again.

That sounds excellent. Might have to try it come the new year and I can feast on carbs again.

You should. I can point you in the direction of some proper Proper cafes you can get it too if you're in London. If you like that you might also like this pudding which is a thin layer of rice pudding (bear with me) between two crepes, with nutella and green raisins on top. Mmmm. I hate rice pudding but I looooove that.

You should. I can point you in the direction of some proper Proper cafes you can get it too if you're in London. If you like that you might also like this pudding which is a thin layer of rice pudding (bear with me) between two crepes, with nutella and green raisins on top. Mmmm. I hate rice pudding but I looooove that.
Cafe suggestions always welcome.
It sounds like a pimped Up version of the Iranian rice with spaghetti.
Not a massive fan of rice pudding but anything in a crepe is fine by me :)

Beef vindaloo. Currently bubbling away and smelling awesome. I've got a bit of cold and it must be killed with chilli.

Spicy meatballs, spaghetti and some garlic bread. Smells lush.

I'm still a bit delicate after my works do yesterday and out again tonight so needed something filling.

Dinner was surprisingly good yesterday. I think it's because we went to a small restaurant rather than a big hotel.

I had spicy pumpkin soup, rump steak with butternut squash mash, sauté potatoes, roasted veg and spinach and cheesecake for pudding with shitloads of wine, rum, vodka etc etc

Chilli at a pal's house with a gang of mates. That's if the buses are running. If they're not running, I'll be eating this here gigantico chocolate cake with decadent coffee fudge icing that I've made to take over there for pud. :D

Steak, chips, onion rings, mushrooms sauted in butter and garlic, peas and PEPPER SAUCE!!! :cool:

I'm cooking the steaks from frozen as well because I forgot to get them out :D

Baked Salmon with new potatoes and peas, might put the fish in a creamy tikka marinade....
Gonna ruin my appetite with half a garlic baguette first though

I've just had a tin of heated sweetcorn and chopped crabsticks, with cheddar stirred into it.
Really I wanted crisps :mad: but it's really, really icy outside now and I'm too scared to go to the shop :oops: :rolleyes: so that was my attempt at some sort of crisp stand in meal.

I still want some FUCKING crisps. :mad:

Will have to have an apple later, too, just cos I don't think I've had a piece of veg pass my lips for a good two days (sweetcorn doesn't count).

Proper dinner tomorrow!

I've made fish pie, which we'll eat prob about 9.30 when we get back from the pictures (going to see Casablanca) and I'm catching up with strictly. So before then, having half a biggish pork pie :)

Veggie chilli with ungodly amounts of garlic - chilies on the side as guests aren't as good with that as I am. Then I'm gonna get nicely tipsy.

two ham rolls

was going to have some carrot soup too but its bland as fuck and i dont want it.

do birdies like carrot soup?

I dread to think of the state of your bowels :(

I lived there for a bit. Curry every night for four years and you acclimatise a bit, fart a lot, acclimatise a bit more, continue to fart, acclimatise a bit more, and then just get used to farting a lot. Tonight's was particularly good, it has to be said. Made enough for two nights. Tomorrows will be better, taste-wise and fart-wise, too, I'd imagine. :)

A bastard son of a butter paneer curry, only with prawns and spinach added amongst the creamy cashewed goodness. Very nice indeed, even if it was a bit lazy on my part.

A bastard son of a butter paneer curry, only with prawns and spinach added amongst the creamy cashewed goodness. Very nice indeed, even if it was a bit lazy on my part.

That sounds proper tasty!

I had a lamb curry called Naga Jule, lovely and spicy with a really thick sauce.

I'm doing a spicy rice seafood dish of my own invention, it's sort of like a paella but not if that makes any sense!

Nom! Sunday roast dinner (I'm having veggie sausages with mine, the mr is having free range chicken) yorkshires, roast spuds and tatties, stuffing, green beans, etc.

Will be last big roast before xmas.

Back
Top Bottom