Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I tried to use up the majority of the fridge contents by Making a Christmas leftovers frittata with bacon, sage, brusselsprouts and some mascarpone. It was surprisingly nice :)

I've got loads of milk and loads of broccoli so I'm going to do broccoli in cheese sauce. I don't know what to have with it though :hmm:

I'm a bit sick of snacky food and leftovers. I did have a lovely steak in the pub last night. Not sure about today, I did get a very kind 50% off text from pizza hut this morning.

Right - son's still ill (ILL ill, madz :D ) and their visit to their Nanny and Grandad's is definitely off (when we called her this morning my daughter said to her 'Mummy's really fed up of keeping on buying more tickets'.....fuck sake!!!!! :facepalm: :oops: :facepalm: ).

So....chicken/broc/noodle soup for them and the last of the garden leek and chicken soup we made on Boxing Day for me followed by the remains of the BD trifle for pudding.

I'm just going through the contents of the fridge and trying to come up with a meal plan that uses all the random bits of leftovers.....tricky going.... :hmm:

Had lasagne, beans and leftover roast chicken pie with white sauce. Now drinking Baileys coffee - my planes in two hours!

Cinnamon roasted cyprus potatoes, greek cypriot salad, a brace of pheasant with gravy (one each) *mhmmm*
bottle of red plonk, stilton & crackers, cake, collapse

Sheo- I'll help you finish the trifle, we've been trifle-less here :(
tonight is prawns for starters then pizza and salad with the girls as we have our nails done.

Home made beef and lentil casserole witn roast spuds (casserole contains my own leeks which I dug out of a snowy leek patch) - quality.

Sheo- I'll help you finish the trifle, we've been trifle-less here :(

Oh....errrrrrrrr.... :oops: .....ALL GONE! :facepalm:

Although I've now decided I have to make a lemon and blueberry tart to use up the massive amount of double cream we've got leftover! :facepalm:

So that'll be pudding tonight after baked potatoes with cheese (which my daughter probably won't eat :rolleyes: ) and salad.

probably cheese and crackers, pickle etc..........

have only had 1 cooked meal since christmas day........................

I fancy chippy chips but might do loaded potato skins with some spicy chicken gougons I have in the freezer

We also have some vanilla ice cream so might have that with a warm slice of pandoro.

I fancy chippy chips but might do loaded potato skins with some spicy chicken gougons I have in the freezer

We also have some vanilla ice cream so might have that with a warm slice of pandoro.

Chippy chips because we watched Harry Potter and forgot to put spuds in the oven. Oops.

Might do the loaded skins with chilli tomorrow if we have any mince.

My daughter has decided she DOES LIKE BAKED POTATOES!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :D

I'm testing her again tonight by doing breaded haddock :hmm: with oven chips and a massive pile of broccoli (I NEED SOME VEG :eek: )...and more of the DELICIOUS blueberry and lemon tart we made yesterday for pudding.

A vile ready made lasagne, salad and garlic ciabatta. I can't be arsed cooking today when I'm doing an extravaganza tomorrow.

tonight will be a couscous salad thingy, halloumi and stuffed vine leaves - should also have a kebab thing but I can't be arsed with that so just the grilled halloumi instead :cool:

needed a change from roast things :D

Back
Top Bottom