Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What were you given as a reward or gift after having your COVID-19 vaccination. WITH POLL

What were you given?

• Marijuana joints (Washington state residents only)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Did they guess your mental age when deciding which sticker to give you?

Possibly - though, of course, being well posh the chap who did the jab is a thoracic surgeon I know: our kids go to the same school, we see them in the pub etc...

Us: piss taking.

Me: can I have a sweet now?

Him: no, because I've eaten them.

Him: would you like a sticker instead?

Me: yes please.

Him: would you like me to put it on you?

Me: yes please.

Him: there you go, what a brave lad you are.

Us: see you at the pub BBQ on Sunday?

Us: yeah....

Got a nice sticker after my first dose, which is on my phone case and the card. After second one, which was on a different place, I got nada. They weren't offering stickers to no one. I used the same card to have the second vaccine details filled in.

All I got was the little card and a copy of the leaflet that talks about the vaccine and its possible side effects.

A piece of paper saying I'd been vaccinated.

As a bonus there was a 50 cent coin in the change slot of the vending machine so I got myself an effectively-free bottle of sparkling water, but that was just luck.

C'mon, surely most people don't bother wearing the sticker, and is there any actual evidence that they encourage others to take the vaccine?

I guess some marketing./design company have made a mint out of it though.

I have never seen/noticed anyone wearing the sticker.

I like the cards with the dates and confirmation of vaccine, though.

First time I went I got a card and a side effects leaflet. I took the card back for the second jab and they put the second date on it. I took a photo of it because it is not outside the realms of possibility that I will lose it and then need to prove my vaccine status for something or other in the future.

If they'd offered me a sticker I would have taken it, but they didn't.

These days I wouldn't touch a coin left by someone else - they might have licked it. :hmm:
Really? I can't say I've ever worried that much about handling coins, even in the past year or so, but fair enough.

I did notice the cashier in a shop I went into the other day was wearing disposable gloves, and I'm not sure I've noticed that before.

i got mine at Penn Station, courtesy the MTA. i got it because it was so convenient that this was my chance. but they did offer enticements, either a week's Metrocard (for the subway/bus) or a round-trip ticket for the LIRR. i have reason to take the LIRR so that was the more remunerative choice (i walk when i can and don't actually ride the subways regularly). i thought they'd offer a round-trip ticket to wherever you are going but no, in a sensible move meant i'm sure to decrease their own hassle. they gave out round-trip ticket to the end of the line, thereby covering everybody. that's called Zone 14, which covers both the South Fork (Montauk) and the North Fork (not so famous but equally lovely).

it's a $45 value (!), and the trip on the train itself is worth it. but if i care to i have a weekend's trip sorted. hiking in montauk, or wine tasting on the north shore. can't lose with that.

i got mine at Penn Station, courtesy the MTA. i got it because it was so convenient that this was my chance. but they did offer enticements, either a week's Metrocard (for the subway/bus) or a round-trip ticket for the LIRR. i have reason to take the LIRR so that was the more remunerative choice (i walk when i can and don't actually ride the subways regularly). i thought they'd offer a round-trip ticket to wherever you are going but no, in a sensible move meant i'm sure to decrease their own hassle. they gave out round-trip ticket to the end of the line, thereby covering everybody. that's called Zone 14, which covers both the South Fork (Montauk) and the North Fork (not so famous but equally lovely).

it's a $45 value (!), and the trip on the train itself is worth it. but if i care to i have a weekend's trip sorted. hiking in montauk, or wine tasting on the north shore. can't lose with that.
We're all joking about stickers and all that but getting the thing is enticement enough, Getting actual proper stuff for getting it done feels very strange. :confused:

We're all joking about stickers and all that but getting the thing is enticement enough, Getting actual proper stuff for getting it done feels very strange. :confused:

yes it does. i got the injection because i'd meant to and it was right there, while i was waiting for the train anyway. but we in the states have had ... uh ... problems getting the population cleaned up. i wasn't about to turn down an offer though, i just didn't expect such a good offer :D.

Impressive, but I think Washington State's offer (see upthread ;) :weed: ) was the better one! :D :cool:

I took a photo of it because it is not outside the realms of possibility that I will lose it and then need to prove my vaccine status for something or other in the future.

Your vaccinations will probably be shown on your medical record, which is available online from your GP surgery. Mine is (below).

If you do not have online access now you can request access from the surgery - you may have to provide photo ID. It is also useful for requesting repeat prescriptions, and making appointments, in non-covid times - and you can see which slots are available. And you can see any test results.

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 17.44.23.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom