Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What were you given as a reward or gift after having your COVID-19 vaccination. WITH POLL

What were you given?

• Marijuana joints (Washington state residents only)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I wasn't aware of that condition, but will allow it as a legitimate reason for not wanting a sticker.
I don't have an irrational fear of stickers - I'm just not childish like some of you. Do you want the staff at the vaccination place to pat you on the head and tell you are a good boy too? :D

The advantage of wearing a sticker would be to normalise the idea of having the vaccine, if enough people do it. It’s a visible symbol that this is What People Do. A bit like wearing one of those ribbons that are so popular with charities. I don’t know how much difference it would make in practice, but it’s not theoretically unreasonable.

Unless we have anyone posting from Washington state or the Netherlands, I think you're winning the thread so far
No sticker though. I was promised one and everything, for winning the daft unofficial competition the nurses doing the stabbing were running to see who could spend closest to the whole voucher amount.

That's what I thought.

Infantilising and a waste of public money!

Not at all.

I volunteer at a vaccination centre and sometimes am the person handing out the stickers.

The more people wear their sticker, the more having the vaccination is normalised, and the more others who may be nervous/hesitant are encouraged to have it too.

It maybe a stranger who sees you wearing it in the street, or it maybe someone you know who is inspired to ask you about your experience of being vaccinated when they see your sticker.

Either way it's very helpful and not a waste at all.

I don't have an irrational fear of stickers - I'm just not childish like some of you. Do you want the staff at the vaccination place to pat you on the head and tell you are a good boy too? :D

See my previous post.

It's a powerful "advert", seeing apparently happy and healthy people out and about in public with that sticker on. Better than any news item or actual advert.

I certainly wouldn't object if that was offered.

I believe kebabking was given a badge expressing a similar message which they're welcome to post here if they wish.

The advantage of wearing a sticker would be to normalise the idea of having the vaccine, if enough people do it. It’s a visible symbol that this is What People Do. A bit like wearing one of those ribbons that are so popular with charities. I don’t know how much difference it would make in practice, but it’s not theoretically unreasonable.
Not at all.

I volunteer at a vaccination centre and sometimes am the person handing out the stickers.

The more people wear their sticker, the more having the vaccination is normalised, and the more others who may be nervous/hesitant are encouraged to have it too.

It maybe a stranger who sees you wearing it in the street, or it maybe someone you know who is inspired to ask you about your experience of being vaccinated when they see your sticker.

Either way it's very helpful and not a waste at all.
This wasn't intended to be a serious thread, but this is actually a very valid point, so thank you both for making it.

1st one a leaflet about side effects
2nd one a leaflet a card saying I've had 1 dose and a plain white sticky label saying 11.57.

No sticker though. I was promised one and everything, for winning the daft unofficial competition the nurses doing the stabbing were running to see who could spend closest to the whole voucher amount.
For some reason, it's the stuff you* miss out on which assumes the greatest importance, even if the stuff you do get is objectively better.

* general you/us rather than specific you

First one I got a dates card (but they didn't write on a date, just my name and AZ), and a photocopied side effects leaflet. I wasn't given a sticker, but I did ask for one as I exited the building.

Second jab. Zero.

But I bet if they thrust a seagull and/or wasp into your hands as a thankyou you'd be pleased as punch. I think they did trial that in some areas but it didn't seem to have a positive effect on vaccination rates overall.

But I bet if they thrust a seagull and/or wasp into your hands as a thankyou you'd be pleased as punch. I think they did trial that in some areas but it didn't seem to have a positive effect on vaccination rates overall.
Maybe that's the way to overcome the antivax idiots - train wasps to vaccinate people.

Back
Top Bottom