Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What new foods have you tried recently?

boiled it up like it said on the pack and threw some things that actually taste of something to go with it.
I found it uninteresting when I first ever cooked it....but then I found if I dry fried it until it starts to produce an aroma and then add the water (2x) it makes it much better.

I went to make hummous but annoyingly had no chickpeas so made it with butter beans instead and it was EVEN better! Chickpeas can do one!!
Liked cos I find butter beans a bit meh usually, speaking as someone who likes beans generally.

Had a version of hummus type thing made with lentils once. Very rich taste and not at at all like super thick cold dahl, like what would happen if I tried to make it!

Liked cos I find butter beans a bit meh usually, speaking as someone who likes beans generally.

Had a version of hummus type thing made with lentils once. Very rich taste and not at at all like super thick cold dahl, like what would happen if I tried to make it!
Make it and see! :)

Wheat berries. Well I've had them in a microwave pouch of mixed grains, but I've bought quite a few dried ones.

They were OK. Pretty chewy. Maybe cook them even longer next time. Quite full on as the only grain in the meal.

Roast purple sweet potato. Almost unbelievably sweet - like sweet chestnut puree out of a tin - it had even exuded its own mad purple caramel. Delicious but surely a pudding thing rather than usable in salads etc.

I found a jar of Gołąbki that the builders left at a friends house, they were going to chuck it away, so I had it, never shy of a free meal.

The verdict is in and it's all positive, tasty tomatoey gravy and what looks like sausage meat in a pancake wrapping but the pancake turns out to be a cabbage leaf. Yum yum, would eat again.

Love a good cabbage roll. England seems to be one of the few European countries that doesn't have some version of it as a part of its national cuisine.My babcia always added some rice to pad out the meat.

Love a good cabbage roll. England seems to be one of the few European countries that doesn't have some version of it as a part of its national cuisine.My babcia always added some rice to pad out the meat.
Im gonna have a stab at making some.

Mochi is not new to me but this variety is. The best taste of matcha I've had thus far in a ricey glob. It's all fragrant and herby.

Arse - you've reminded me I impulse-bought a packet of Dove Farm digestives the other day ...

I'm trying to remember the last thing I tried that was a disappointment ... all I can think of is one of those weird aloe vera drinks I bought on impulse ...

Limiting myself to vegan food and needing to lose weight helps minimise the risks ...

I've been making pici, which I really like, so have bought a pasta machine. I've made tagliatelle, udon noodles and ginger biscuits so far. I see a great future for the machine. And a greater waistline.

Porridge with blackberries in. Neither ingredient new to me but the combo was new and brilliant - highly recommended. With a dab of cream on top you've got something close to blackberry crumble (my favourite pudding in all the world - leftover heated-up crumble is the breakfast of the gods) - only a bit sloppier and made in 3 minutes. This might have to become a routine.

Porridge with blackberries in. Neither ingredient new to me but the combo was new and brilliant - highly recommended. With a dab of cream on top you've got something close to blackberry crumble (my favourite pudding in all the world - leftover heated-up crumble is the breakfast of the gods) - only a bit sloppier and made in 3 minutes. This might have to become a routine.
Have you had Cranachan ? I reckon you'll like it.

Only needs a taster of whiskey, should be hardly noticeable imho.

I think a rum one with blackberries would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom