Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What new foods have you tried recently?

Just ate a pack of McVities Digestive Marmalade On Toast and can confirm they are delightful
Just ate a pack of McVities Strawberrys & Cream and can confirm they are far from delightful
Just ate a pack of McVities Digestive Classic Caramel and can confirm they are quite delightful

Never heard of any of those.

I was going to ask if they were some version only sold in the USA, but then noticed that you'd borrowed petee's picture

Never heard of any of those.

I was going to ask if they were some version only sold in the USA, but then noticed that you'd borrowed petee's picture
It’s a black and white photo, dunno why you’ve got confused. It’s a different photo.
I bought them in the supermarket

Ben and Jerry's Birthday cake icecream-its fucking amazing!
And also Oatly dairy free strawberry icecream-also amazing.

Where can you buy these?
Well I assumed everywhere, but can't see them anywhere except Waitrose. I think they're quite new, so will hopefully become more widespread. They do a tub of Biscoff ice cream, too!

Iranian food. Had chicken in a pomegranate and walnut sauce. Was all right. Probably won't go again though. Shame because I wanted to like it more than I did.

Amazing value though as the restaurant gave us masses of rice, olives, hummus, salads, yogurt/beetroot dip all thrown in for free.

I thought about trying one of the two massive caterpillars I accidentally boiled with some broccoli the other day. Didn't, but more coz they looked all cold and rubbery and overcooked than because they were caterpillars.

A guayusa energy drink. Slow release caffeinated drink that won’t give you the jitters like coffee and other energy drinks like Red Bull can. Tastes a bit like sock juice but no worse than drinking a coffee. And it comes in fruity flavours to partially obliterate the sockiness

Ginsters vegan quorn pasty.

Boring dry white pastry, thin filling consisting of thin pieces of quorn cardboard in some sort of brown gravy - no veggies - ridiculously small - explaining why it was so low in calories ...
If I'd seen it out of its packaging, I wouldn't have bothered and I wonder why they did ...

I used to have a weakness for Linda McCartney's pies in the days when I wasn't worrying about my weight and they were pretty decent in comparison - combined with mashed potato and frozen peas ... I doubt even heating this thing up would have made much difference ...

The Ginsters van was almost always waiting for me outside the bike shed at work when I arrived - and quite often provoked a sarcastic comment from me.
I'm pretty sure they're on the same Tory/Brexit blacklist as Dyson and Wetherspoons, but I was at work and I'd visited the site shop in the hope of finding my usual wholemeal vegan pasty, but it was all they had and my colleague had unfortunately mentioned their existence ...

A limelon - a bastardised cross between a melon and lime. It does taste nice and citrusy.

I got a bag of mealworm for the birds. Was interested so tried one. Tasted like you would expect a dried worm to taste tbh.

Confess that I then tried a teaspoon of them with a little bit of cream cheese :hmm: that was slightly better than the dry mealworm on it's own.
You should make a creamy pasta mealworm dish. We'll all be eating insects in the future anyway, so may as well get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom