Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Food and drink you discovered on holiday

And to go lowest common denominator, chicken burger with a slice of melty fake cheese going beautifully soft on top.

Pasta bake involving chicken with mozzarella going all stringy on top of it

Ime pasta with chicken is to Italians what cheese with chicken is to the French :D

I just don't think chicken and cheese works but it's all a matter of personal taste. In this country anyway.

Ime pasta with chicken is to Italians what cheese with chicken is to the French :D

I just don't think chicken and cheese works but it's all a matter of personal taste. In this country anyway.
Well Italians might have invented pasta, but they didn't invent chicken (which is from SE Asia) - I think everyone should do what they want with their food, as long as it's cooked through and not a health risk really it doesn't matter :D

Enjoying your grub is more important than the propriety of what goes with what, and how to correctly eat it.

Also have you seen some of the things that were staple dishes in Rome 2000 years ago?
Not always chicken but fish baked in cheese was definitely a thing :D

Last edited:
Well Italians might have invented pasta, but they didn't invent chicken (which is from SE Asia) - I think everyone should do what they want with their food, as long as it's cooked through and not a health risk really it doesn't matter :D

Enjoying your grub is more important than the propriety of what goes with what, and how to correctly eat it.

They might not even have invented pasta 😬

I quite like how other cultures safeguard their cuisine tbh. You see more passion about food in countries where they do this and generally better standards for everyone - good food not being the preserve of the rich etc. But if people want to eat chicken and cheese I'm not going to judge them.

The original basis for lasagne was made out of "pigs paps, including the nipples" - oh joy!

They might not even have invented pasta 😬

I quite like how other cultures safeguard their cuisine tbh. You see more passion about food in countries where they do this and generally better standards for everyone - good food not being the preserve of the rich etc. But if people want to eat chicken and cheese I'm not going to judge them.
I think because in England we had a peasant revolution really quite early compared to other countries, we didn't develop a long history of good peasant/smallholder farmer cuisine in the UK with the variety of crops that were grown in feudal systems that lasted a bit longer in other countries - it's actually a really interesting social dynamic to developing what is now thought of as a national cuisine.
And that is generally where a national cuisine, where it exists, originates from.

I believe that one of the best things about this is that we are hungry for other cuisines - even those of us who love a few traditional and classic British dishes will actively seek out food from other cultural traditions and cuisines - and that makes our palate more adventurous and adapting and accepting of food from a whole range of cuisines from all over the world.

(By which I mean that the benefit of this is that any area with a sizeable population has a whole range of different restaurants and takeaway options from many parts of the world - we don't just go out to a restaurant for a meal out we pick a part of the world and eat there, or some facsimile/crossover of cuisines, usually most establishments with a high standard of cooking, which is fairly brilliant)

Last edited:
In Greece at the moment and tried/heard of Four Roses bourbon for the first time.

Lovely! Ordering a bottle as soon as I get home. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom