Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is this car sized object which America has shot down?

Nope.

Two balloons shot down in separate incidents described as spy satellites. .

Two cylindrical things shot down in separate incidents over two different countries.

Four incidents.

Two different things being shot down. Twice each.

They'll all be similar incidents unless aliens have decided to show up at exactly the same time China is flying spy balloons over North America. Which seems unlikely.

Seeing as the Chinese are now reporting one of them over their airspace....any chance these silver cylinder balloons / floating car sized things are stemming from NK?

Not balloons apparently:

Gen Glen VanHerck, who is tasked with safeguarding US airspace, said the military had not been able to identify what the three most recent objects were, how they stayed aloft, or where they were coming from.

While saying that the US was more closely scrutinising radar since the discovery of the Chinese balloon, VanHerck, told reporters that the three most recent objects were being called, “objects, not balloons, for a reason”.

Asked whether he had ruled out extraterrestrials, VanHerck said: “I’ll let the intel community and the counterintelligence community figure that out. I haven’t ruled out anything.”

A defence official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters that the military had not seen any evidence that the objects were extraterrestrial.

He was in on it as well. Look at the spherical objects round his feet.

8396361120_06ef73f342.jpg

Wasnt there also a visible green comet a couple of weeks ago? I'm sure entirely unconnected but its making for some fun speculation on a Monday morning.

(Personally I hope it is aliens here to save us from ourselves, but id never be that lucky.)

Could they be some part of a Fractional Orbital Bombardment System? Not the munitions themselves but some part of the targetting system?

A quid says this turns out to be one of the greatest practical jokes in history. There’s a bunch of engineering students somewhere slightly panicked that it’s gone a bit far.
That would be fantastic. Bet they wouldn't fess up to it though given the potential charges they'd probably get from embarassed governments.

Once you are alert to the fact that another nation is sending spy balloons, you adjust your search algorithms to be more sensitive to finding them. And then you find more of them. Sounds entirely plausible to me.
yes this was what came to mind.

Odds on it's China and they've been at it for a good few years. Im a little confused at how car sized inflatables can reach 40,000ft and carry a usefull load, though I guess sensor packages can be tiny these days or perhaps they are just to cause nuisance or to distract from the main vehicle which could have been the first Balloon

Back
Top Bottom