Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is this bush/tree/plant?

OK!

Yeah, it is a really rubbish photo, ennit :oops: It's backlit atm, and I can't get any other angle without climbing into the neighbour's garden. I'm in a dressing gown atm, so that'd be looking for a quick call to the police.

I'll give it a shot!

Also, obligingly, the cat just climbed in it.

IMAG1121.jpg

IMAG1122.jpg

I will now try to get a better picture.
Wow these are gorgeous pictures hes a doll!

Anyone got any ideas what this is please?

Got it for a few quid from the shop down the road - guy in the shop didn't know what it is either! Looks fairly common....I think it grows into a big bush. Just want to find out where to put it....whether it needs full sun or can handle partial shade etc. Cheers :)

ZSGtEOL.jpg

Anyone got any ideas what this is please?

Got it for a few quid from the shop down the road - guy in the shop didn't know what it is either! Looks fairly common....I think it grows into a big bush. Just want to find out where to put it....whether it needs full sun or can handle partial shade etc. Cheers :)

ZSGtEOL.jpg

looks suspiciously like the bastard thing that grew across from next door. ugly, deep shade, massive summer growth, full of snails, impossible to fucking kill :mad:

looks suspiciously like the bastard thing that grew across from next door. ugly, deep shade, massive summer growth, full of snails, impossible to fucking kill :mad:

I've "accidentally" stood on half a dozen snails today. They particularly like my Harts Tongue Fern :mad:

Reckon you're right, thanks. I bought a couple of small variegated cordylines at the weekend which are more like phormiums; don't have trunks, but the foliage is similar. They'll be going around the Cordyline Australis with some other small stuff.

evening-glow-phormium.jpg
that'll grow a trunk eventually although the coloured varieties don't seem to be quite as hardy as the green ones

Seriously though ... I discovered by accident last year when I deliberately put open used jars of yeast extract in the shrubbery so the slugs would clean them out for me, but instead they ended up as traps for an insane number of baby slugs - tiny ones.
It was Essential Vitam-R, but doubtless other varieties might work.

Vitam-R goes like concrete, and I tend to go with the impulse to get it out of the house, before procrastination kicks in ..

that'll grow a trunk eventually although the coloured varieties don't seem to be quite as hardy as the green ones

Yes, that was the plan, two of these (one red, one green) and a Chinese fan palm with smaller yellow grass like plants inbetween. I also finished the other tropical bed at the weekend - two phormiums which should grow pretty big and some hostas, red hot pokers and a few other things planted around them for more colour/height.

Almost lost the red cordyline in the high winds when I planted it and it was yet to establish its roots but its looking better now.

Back
Top Bottom