Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is your home TV set up?

What is your home TV set up?

• Total voters
We're talking about computers here, not iphones. Apple has never gone "out of their way" to make their computers attractive to gamers.
Ignorance on your part. They very much did in the Intel days and the Motorola days of the past. I thought you were my age, at least? Also, Apple is a phone company now and has been for probably a decade.

Has Apple ever made significant design decisions (technical or aesthetic) that are driven by increasing the appeal of their computers to serious gamers, the type who have LEDs in their computer cases and use those ugly chairs? I don't think so.

Some short lived and half-hearted initiatives to make it easier to port games to Mac does not amount to "going out of their way". In contrast, there's a massive market within the PC world that is totally driven by the needs & wants of gamers.

I have a TV Screen which used to be plugged into a satellite box and then into a sat cable with which I used to get freesat. I haven't bothered to plug it in for a couple of years now. Sometimes I watch programs on my PC, usually on a Friday but often I don't bother.

I hardly watch TV really.

I have a TV Screen which used to be plugged into a satellite box and then into a sat cable with which I used to get freesat. I haven't bothered to plug it in for a couple of years now. Sometimes I watch programs on my PC, usually on a Friday but often I don't bother.

I hardly watch TV really.
Ah, but have you signed up to the bountiful cornucopia of fun that is cancelling your TV licence and refusing to tell TVLA that you don't need one? You're missing out...

Ah, but have you signed up to the bountiful cornucopia of fun that is cancelling your TV licence and refusing to tell TVLA that you don't need one? You're missing out...
I've been a bit backwards with that. Back when my TV was plugged in, I didn't have a licence, for some reason I let a work colleague know and they began a campaign against me because I didn't have a TV licence. This coincided with the Licence people also pushing me anyhow long story, in the end I bought a TV Licence.

It was about that time that I stopped plugging it in, but I am still licenced? Grr

danny la rouge started the argument, by claiming that there was no PC vs Mac argument on this thread. I have simply been responding to that by demonstrating that there is.
By starting one? :D
I am reminded of that Argentinian reporter who started murdering people to provide content for his channel. That Jake Gyllenhall film Nightcrawler covers similar territory.

Also you're more likely to burn your legs by having a laptop on your lap and using it to do something high-performance than you are to have a gaming PC set fire to anything in a large tower case with good airflow - that's the point of a tower being better for gaming than a laptop, because it disperses heat a lot better and more safely and stays cooler.

A comic of two foxes, one of whom is blue, the other is green. In this one, Blue looks at Green, as Green approaches him wrapped in a pink blanket, scrunching his face in disgust. Green: Euugh ew it's cold in here!  Green's face brightens up as Blue suggests a solution. Blue: Do you want me to go boot up my gaming PC? Green: Yes, please.  Blue and Green settle around Blue's computer, with Blue sitting in front of the computer's screen, and Green seated right next to the machine itself. Blue: I think I know just the right game for this.  The fans of the computer starts whirring as Blue turns it on, and the PC begins to glow faintly orange as it begins to radiate heat. Eyes closed in perfect serene peace, Green soaks in the warmth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom