Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What is this bush/tree/plant?

robinia, BoatieBird. Mostly white flowered but there are some bloody lovely pink flowering pseudoacacias/ locust trees to be had. I very much enjoy the legume family but have zero room for either wisteria or laburnum. I do however, grow the modestly charming indigofera ambleyensiseta,

eta. yep, Calamity1971 got there first.

robinia, BoatieBird. Mostly white flowered but there are some bloody lovely pink flowering pseudoacacias/ locust trees to be had. I very much enjoy the legume family but have zero room for either wisteria or laburnum. I do however, grow the modestly charming indigofera ambleyensiseta,

eta. yep, Calamity1971 got there first.
I was looking at the pink one earlier. A mature one for £45. I'm fighting the urge to buy it. I can't really justify it atm. Hmmph.

Oh yes so it is :-

Shame about the woo woo honey ...
I think it's been proven that there's something in the honey health thing. Seem to remember watching a thing with Chris Packham in it... I'm sure it gets falsely touted as a cure for all sorts of ailments though.

20220711_110026.jpg
Should have potted these somewhere weeks ago....but not sure if they can all be put in the same terracotta pot and left outside all year? Or do they need taking in during winter? Or are they not suited to all being in one pot? I've only got one spare pot, but need to liberate them today as the guilt is killing me.
So would one pot be ok?

View attachment 331712
Should have potted these somewhere weeks ago....but not sure if they can all be put in the same terracotta pot and left outside all year? Or do they need taking in during winter? Or are they not suited to all being in one pot? I've only got one spare pot, but need to liberate them today as the guilt is killing me.
So would one pot be ok?
People routinely crowd them in sinks and on roofs.
Make sure you add plenty of grit to the compost and good drainage.

Consolidating is what I'm doing at the moment - trying to get shot of all the little pots that can need watering twice a day...
I generally only need two good specimens - so I can have them front and back - and some of my plants go in singly, but others in groups ... if I feel it's not working, most plants are amenable to being repotted again...

What's this then?? I know the tree is a Lime but why does it have bubbly twigs? Is it caused by animal, vegetable or mineral....or fungi? Parasites?

I've seen it on a few different Lime trees, one where I wondered if it was a growth response to being battered by buses going past but this tree in the first two pics had no such abuse

Attachments

• IMG_20220928_073125508.jpg
    IMG_20220928_073125508.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220928_073131873.jpg
    IMG_20220928_073131873.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220803_074106547.jpg
    IMG_20220803_074106547.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 20
What's this then?? I know the tree is a Lime but why does it have bubbly twigs? Is it caused by animal, vegetable or mineral....or fungi? Parasites?

I've seen it on a few different Lime trees, one where I wondered if it was a growth response to being battered by buses going past but this tree in the first two pics had no such abuse
Looks like insect galls?

I looked at several lime trees in the park - small leaved, large and hybrid and just the usual moss, lichen and maybe fungus on the grottier branches.

There were nail galls on several of the trees - I thought I took a photo or two back in the early summer when they were a pretty red colour ..

nailgalls.jpg

Anyone know what this is (lovely white flower with thin fluffy type leaves). I'm impressed with the pink/red flowers in the small plant pot behind it. Don't think I've ever bought an F1 hybrid before because I don't like that you can't collect seeds but this is its second year and doing really well still.

1664832912109.png

oo is it? I've tried cosmos before but unsuccessfully. That was actually my second question that I forgot - will the seeds be viable if I've only got one of them? I tried spreading the pollen round a bit between flowers today.

Back
Top Bottom