Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you baking?

That looks pretty decent, I think only cake decorators with a lot of practice can do the first one, everyone else does slightly more rustic attempts.
The main thing is, did it taste good?
Dunno yet. Will have to taste it tomorrow. Only finished it just now.
The icing tastes nice, though not as malleable as I thought it could be. I either beat it too much or not enough. The instructions weren’t clear enough.
I think need a new hand mixer. I think ours is over 50 years old. It needs a good scrub but I fear that will spell doom for our Ken.

It is delicious. Massive though. It’s only supposed to feed two. Though in reality that’s mostly one ie me.
Can you freeze cake? I could take it to work, but it would be a right mess when i got there as I cycle to work .

I’d be content with symmetrical at least, rather than pretty.
I find overly pretty food off-putting. There’s a baking writer in The Guardian whose name I forget - their stuff is nauseatingly twee - their food looks more like cheap plastic Kinder prizes than actual food.

I'm making a lemon birthday cake for my Mum's 85th birthday and everything has gone wrong. :thumbs:

I made cake bands and they sort of worked but the sponge is a bit meh.

Cream cheese frosting is too thin because I had to get the lumps out of the butter. This means it needs to be kept in the fridge until the last moment and the sponge won't be as tender because it'll be cold.

I'm making candied lemon slices to decorate it and I'm just waiting for them to turn black or something.

I should have bought one from M&S. :rolleyes:

I'm making a lemon birthday cake for my Mum's 85th birthday and everything has gone wrong. :thumbs:

Cream cheese frosting is too thin because I had to get the lumps out of the butter. This means it needs to be kept in the fridge until the last moment and the sponge won't be as tender because it'll be cold.

I'm making candied lemon slices to decorate it and I'm just waiting for them to turn black or something.

It'll be delicious 🍋🍋🍋

I bet it will be delicious and there's nothing as lovely as a home-made cake. You can taste the difference and love in it.

Just got into shop-bought foccaccia as a sandwich bread. Gonna have to give it a go myself as normal homemade bread is rubbish for sandwiches.

Back
Top Bottom