Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wales Euro/World Cup qualifiers

How FIFA sanctioned a game in Russia and allowed the game to go ahead when we had 4 players denied entry is beyond me.

Bit more from the BBC feed, though this is from before the match kicked off:

Just hours before kick-off, Brazil's health regulator Anvisa sought the immediate isolation of four Argentina players who had spent time in the UK over the previous 14 days.

Although it did not name the four, the players with English Premier League clubs are Emiliano Buendia and Emiliano Martinez of Aston Villa and Giovani lo Celso and Cristian Romero of Tottenham Hotspur.

However, it appears that the issue has been sorted, with Conmebol weighing in as three of those players are starting.

Oh, shit, sincere apologies, I somehow totally missed this was the Wales specific thread, and thought it was a general qualifiers thread :facepalm: :oops: x lots

I guess the story is still kind of relevant as it sounds like similar happened for your match, but happy to edit the posts or for 'em to be deleted, if that's a thing?

5-1 thrashing of Belarus. Sweet!

All to play for on Tuesday:

Wales are already guaranteed a play-off place having won their Nations League group last year but, to have any chance of a home draw, they must finish second in their World Cup qualifying group.

Robert Page's men can secure second spot on Tuesday with a draw at home to Belgium. That will be difficult, though Wales can take heart from the fact they have won two of their past three matches against the world's number one-ranked side.

And in Bale they will have a figurehead who played a vital role in one of those victories, scoring the winning goal in a European Championship qualifier when Belgium were last in Cardiff.

Some of my favourite bits are when someone pushes an opponent in the back, the opponent falls over and the player claims he's done nothing wrong because he's come away with the ball :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom