Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

Is there any way of knowing that’s the real Kimberley trump’s Parler account?
Eta I don’t think it is. She’s not this mad, she has ambitions within the Republican Party machine.
View attachment 247994

seems to be trying to cast shade on Mary Trump

as the only Kimberly is related to Donald trump jr and not his wife

Last edited:
This is an interview with the man who predicted 3 weeks ago on tweeter that they’d storm the capitol building on 6th. Because he has eyes and access to the internet.
Quite interesting what he says, from spending time reading the stuff the participants have been saying both before and after their big day.

This is an interview with the man who predicted 3 weeks ago on tweeter that they’d storm the capitol building on 6th. Because he has eyes and access to the internet.
Quite interesting what he says, from spending time reading the stuff the participants have been saying both before and after their big day.

yes and excuse me but i've been saying the same thing here, while people 3000 miles away pooh-pooh it, so let me assert that if there isn't violence in state capitols later in the month iit's because this action in DC caused too much aggro for the rightwingers.

fair play to the fella

but who did not expect clashes in Jan 6th

i was just hoping the cops would start shooting at the fash with rubber bullets, tear gas and a batton charge at some point

not just stand by when the broke into the capitol hill with their mom*

*cable tie guy has been identified

Well fuck....

I was just about to say something pompous like 'truth has no currency any more', to which the obvious answer is we've been building up to this point for years. But you have to stop and remind yourself that layer upon layer of complete dishonesty gets trowelled on. It's not so much that truth has been displaced, it's that there's no longer any expectation that truth has a part to play in these discourses. I no longer know which bits of their brains are lighting up when they post this stuff, but then we've been there before, many times in history. It's just that with twitter and stuff you see little bits of information, a few pixels, a doctored photo or whatever being added in. There's almost an obscene beauty watching this stuff being constructed.

imagine if the Shouting brexit guy who was outside parliment for years had stormed into the chamber along with a mob

would we spend 3 days whilst he got lawyer up and could start a crowd funding campaign to fund his legal costs

If in the UK you organised and incited a mob to riot outside and invade into the houses of parliament, and people died including a policeman, my guess is that you would be prosecuted, but would you be facing a jail term?

If in the UK you organised and incited a mob to riot outside and invade into the houses of parliament, and people died including a policeman, my guess is that you would be prosecuted, but would you be facing a jail term?

Nope, no chance of that.

Trump is obese and in his 70's. Quite how long do you think he's got?

Supermax, an orange jumpsuit, and food you wouldn't give to a dying dog - I can't see him getting to three figures...
Question is, does the crime deserve time? I think it probably does.

I could care less what happens to Trump, but he did incite his mob, the house was evacuated, and a policeman died, quite apart from the rioters that also died.

if trump or his team were responsible for the light glove approach by the security services

just mourning the dead is not enough

Seth Abramson is presently 189 tweets in on one of his famously long threads, analysing Trump’s pre-riot speech. I wouldn’t suggest you read all of it, but it is arguing quite persuasively that Trump was deliberately instructing the crowd to overturn the election by violence.

It's worth noting, too, that the plea deal system is also widely used in state systems, for much the same reasons. If every criminal defendant at the state and federal level in the United States chose to exercise his or her right to a trial, the system would grind to a rapid and irreversible halt. Even with the vast majority of cases resolved through plea deals, the court systems are still incredibly slow, with some people waiting months or years for their trial. And that was before COVID basically shut the whole system down.
I suppose the J20 protest from Trump's inauguration and subsequent lengthy legal case where they tried to overcharge about 200 people before the whole prosecution collapsed will be an interesting example to bear in mind when seeing how this gets dealt with.
exactly. do you see what you said? it's a cross-class effort, not a proletarian effort. i hope this will put paid to the very stupid "economic insecurity" argument that leftistists try to put forward.
Surely this is a classic example of how more than one thing can be true at once?

Seth Abramson is presently 189 tweets in on one of his famously long threads, analysing Trump’s pre-riot speech. I wouldn’t suggest you read all of it, but it is arguing quite persuasively that Trump was deliberately instructing the crowd to overturn the election by violence.

Thanks for this. I'm only halfway through but it's fascinating - that what sounds like a lot of incoherent rambling and non sequiturs is actually very carefully constructed.

Back
Top Bottom