Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

Costs money to fly to dc and stay in a hotel, even if you don’t also kit yourself out in a fur trimmed Q cloak.
Doctors earn a lot of money in the US. The moron taking the podium is also married to a doctor. None of these people are the dispossessed. Very far from it. They are nasty racist white supremacist cunts who have a fair bit of wealth thankyouverymuch, and want to keep the dispossessed dispossessed so that they can hang on to it.

yeah, the congress House bit is definitely going to happen. I'm not sure if there would be a Senate trial after he's left office though
Emphasis and changes mine.

As someone who lives in the US, and who teaches American history at a university, can I just make a minor nitpick about terminology?

Congress and the Senate are not two separate bodies. Congress is the term for both houses of the legislative branch: the House of Representatives, and the Senate.

that is the person that fox news chose to write about yesterday, he or his family anyway are orthodox jews. What he reckoned of comrade Auswitz hoodie guy idk.

There's some very odd fellow travellers in the footage outside the usual redneck stereotypes. Makes you wonder.

How POC or Jewish people find themselves in the company of nazis and white supremacists? It's not like these fuckers are hiding their beliefs any more.

I genuinely don't understand it.

you think trump was a main supporter of the state of Israel
and the right be coozing up to that lot for a while

You can, thanks for the correction.
It's also worth noting that some confusion is understandable, especially for non-Americans, because members of the House of Representatives are generally referred to with the title "Congressman" and "Congresswoman," while Senators are referred to as "Senator." Senators are members of Congress, but if you hear the term Congressman So-and-so, it will always be referring to a member of the House of Reps.

How POC or Jewish people find themselves in the company of nazis and white supremacists? It's not like these fuckers are hiding their beliefs anymore.

I genuinely don't understand it.

his brother is also a charmer
His brother, Nachman Mostofsky, is the vice president of the South Brooklyn Conservative Club, and an elected district leader in the borough, who claims to have connection to high ranking trump officials, Nachman also attended the rally on Thursday, but said he left before the group entered the capitol.

"My brother did nothing illegal," Nachman told Gothamist. "He definitely was not part of the riot." Asked how he ended up in the Capitol building, Nachman said his brother was "pushed inside."

"You’re full of shit. You’re a dishonest person. My brother went as a citizen of America," Nachman continued. "You find me one [Black Lives Matter] riot or one Antifa riot from over the summer that didn’t have way more damage."

I think our friend with the dead ferret headdress might have been a bit more on the Q side in his motivation.

aye the guy clearly does not look the sharpest tool in the family wood shed, his brother is slight more dodgy
leaving his brother at the protest dress like that to distance himself and not damage his own political career

This is quite the statement from Forbes, one of the premier mouthpieces of neoliberal capitalism, warning against hiring any of Trump's former press spokespeople.

Let it be known to the business world: Hire any of Trump’s fellow fabulists above, and Forbes will assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie. We’re going to scrutinize, double-check, investigate with the same skepticism we’d approach a Trump tweet. Want to ensure the world’s biggest business media brand approaches you as a potential funnel of disinformation? Then hire away.

This is quite the statement from Forbes, one of the premier mouthpieces of neoliberal capitalism, warning against hiring any of Trump's former press spokespeople.

Let it be known to the business world: Hire any of Trump’s fellow fabulists above, and Forbes will assume that everything your company or firm talks about is a lie. We’re going to scrutinize, double-check, investigate with the same skepticism we’d approach a Trump tweet. Want to ensure the world’s biggest business media brand approaches you as a potential funnel of disinformation? Then hire away.

Blimey!

:eek: mind you I'd sort of assume that, too.

I must say it was very public spirited of them all to rat on each other by taking photos and vidoes :)

aye even Via Getty got busted :D

mfoqyc229ba61.jpg

What exactly did they think would happen to them afterwards? :D
This is probably a really instructive question.
I mean maybe a lot of it on the day was adrenaline, so lots of them didn’t actually plan to get in the building at all, were just coming to trump’s rally and then high on the madness of crowds did stuff without thinking.
Maybe some thought in a sort of millenarial faith way that this would actually work, trump reinstalled, medals all round.
But mostly the ones we’ve read about look like people who haven’t had to deal with consequences of their choices much before certainly not consequences that involve the police, potential prison time etc, so their feeling of being untouchable might be deeper than just the days excitement.

This is probably a really instructive question.
I mean maybe a lot of it on the day was adrenaline, so lots of them didn’t actually plan to get in the building at all, were just coming to trump’s rally and then high on the madness of crowds did stuff without thinking.
Maybe some thought in a sort of millenarial faith way that this would actually work, trump reinstalled, medals all round.
But mostly the ones we’ve read about look like people who haven’t had to deal with consequences of their choices much before certainly not consequences that involve the police, potential prison time etc, so their feeling of being untouchable might be deeper than just the days excitement.
Fair points; reckon quite a lot of number 2, tbh.

Back
Top Bottom