Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

Actually this is a good explainer:

The absolute state of Paul F****** Mason, currently arguing for some even more right wing version of popular frontism in his twitter feed, along with attempted “Fashjacketing” of US anarchists and anarchosyndicalists; whilst implying that the Antifa types he knows are not anarchists or libertarian left. Lack of positive engagement with his bullshit is encouraging though, hardly anyone takes him seriously enough to bother arguing with these days.

Surely one of the motivations for impeachment will be to force Republican senators to take a side - do they stand with cop killer Trump or with the sacred institutions of government? Show where their loyalties lie. I can see how this would be politically useful, especially if Trump continues to do reprehensible shit like pardon family and friends.

It appears that Parler has been removed from the Google Store. Apple may follow:

Parler removed from Google Play store as Apple App Store suspension reportedly looms (msn.com)

I'm sure we're going to see an epic meltdown of conservatives over "free speech" on this one too. Someone should tell them that sedition isn't covered by free speech either.
Just because I'm old before my time, is there a way to (easily) get apps on your device outside of the platform's official store? Like direct from the developer's website, or whatever?

The absolute state of Paul F****** Mason, currently arguing for some even more right wing version of popular frontism in his twitter feed, along with attempted “Fashjacketing” of US anarchists and anarchosyndicalists; whilst implying that the Antifa types he knows are not anarchists or libertarian left. Lack of positive engagement with his bullshit is encouraging though, hardly anyone takes him seriously enough to bother arguing with these days.
I take it you won't be buying his new book - link in bio!

Cheers.

So from Parler's POV, taking it off the stores will just (massively) affect their visibility and, to some extent, accessibility, but they'll still be able to function and get new members?
Right now it's not on Google Play store but that's easily circumvented. If Apple remove it from their store... I don't use iPhones but I understand it's not a trivial process to sideload apps (beyond the ken of average users). Considering Apple's market share in phones, it would affect Parler bigly.

If Parler users were smart, then they would have mostly shunned Apple's restrictively shitty walled garden ecosystem in favour of Android.

I don't think Parler users are that smart, however.

Me either. I've seen people complaining that Twitter deleting Trump's account will deprive future generations of historical records. I don't think they're really aware that the internet is the closest thing to that permanent record your teachers were warning you about.

Me either. I've seen people complaining that Twitter deleting Trump's account will deprive future generations of history. I don't think they're really aware that the internet is the closest thing to that permanent record your teachers were warning you about we have.

Accounts like Trump's will have many different archivists hanging on every tweet and recording for posterity whatever it outputs.

Although disappearing from the internet is still do-able if you're a random. The internet is far too big for everyone's stuff to be scraped and archived like Trump's stuff is.

More on this man here. Radicalised online shocker. Says he found the massive zip ties on the floor and was going to hand them to a police officer but forgot.
That defence is a bit thin at the best of times and will be undermined by his outfit and actions.

Back
Top Bottom