Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

petee

no gods, no malarkey
Has Trump formally confirmed pence as running mate?
I agree it looks inevitable that he will, but with this nutter you can never tell

There are lots of threads, but not quite this one, so now that the tickets are fixed ...

Here's a quick start to the post office stuff.

Multiple sources within the postal service told Motherboard they have personally witnessed the machines, which cost millions of dollars, being destroyed or thrown in the dumpster.

Tbf, sounds like a tin foil conspiracy theory type article.

Has Trump formally confirmed pence as running mate?
I agree it looks inevitable that he will, but with this nutter you can never tell

no, and it's been noted that nikki haley has been visiting the WH lately.
but that would open the rightwingers to the very stuff they've been hurling at harris.
and pence is ...

no, and it's been noted that nikki haley has been visiting the WH lately.
but that would open the rightwingers to the very stuff they've been hurling at harris.
and pence is ...

fascinating site-link that - ta!:thumbs:
yes, take your ;point re: haley, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on, on the eligibility issue. he probably will go for Pence, for very much that reason

There are lots of threads, but not quite this one, so now that the tickets are fixed ...

Here's a quick start to the post office stuff.

I'm hoping Trump's weird war on postal voting is going to backfire big-time - the USPS is way more popular than Trump, or any other federal agency. Trump voters are older than average, and a lot of them are probably less enthusiastic about him than they were in 2016, the president's probably going to lose a lot of their votes if their only choice is to vote in person.

Older people are both more likely to vote Republican and more used to posting letters - in California's mostly mail-in special election to replace Katie Hill in May, the Republican won by more than 15,000 votes even though there were more registered Democrats in the district.

hope this isn't paywalled. contains lots of detail.

In Montana, mailboxes were being removed in the cities of "Billings, Bozeman, Missoula and Lewistown." But the state's two senators, Steve Daines (R-MT) and Jon Tester (D-MT), objected, and the plans were put on hold. “I’m glad the USPS acted swiftly upon my request and halted any further removal of collection boxes,” Daines said.

It's unclear how many mailboxes have been removed. But after widespread public criticism, the USPS announced Friday night that it would not remove any more until after the election.

hope this isn't paywalled. contains lots of detail.

In Montana, mailboxes were being removed in the cities of "Billings, Bozeman, Missoula and Lewistown." But the state's two senators, Steve Daines (R-MT) and Jon Tester (D-MT), objected, and the plans were put on hold. “I’m glad the USPS acted swiftly upon my request and halted any further removal of collection boxes,” Daines said.

It's unclear how many mailboxes have been removed. But after widespread public criticism, the USPS announced Friday night that it would not remove any more until after the election.

FWIW if they are having to fix the election in Montana (which Trump won by nearly 20 points in 2016) then it should tell everyone what they think would happen in a fair election.

Given the crisis facing the United States Postal Service before a presidential election, the last thing John Herter expected to receive in the mail Saturday was an absentee ballot request form with President Donald Trump's face on it.

"Is this a joke?" Herter said his wife told him as she opened up the mailer to reveal a photo of Trump grinning underneath the words, "Are you going to let the Democrats silence you? Act now to stand with President Trump."

form.jpg

So the Democrats have just had their (digital) convention - and apparently it was pretty bad with very low-fi production quality.

Other scathing reviews said it was like watching culturally irrelevant old people who didn’t know how to use the internet.

Marianne Williamson said watching the DNC was ‘like binge watching a Marriott commercial’.

So the Democrats have just had their (digital) convention - and apparently it was pretty bad with very low-fi production quality.

Other scathing reviews said it was like watching culturally irrelevant old people who didn’t know how to use the internet.

Marianne Williamson said watching the DNC was ‘like binge watching a Marriott commercial’.

So, as well bad being a far right cunt, you're an ageist cunt as well.

In an unprecedented move, Louisiana’s top election official wants to require a positive Covid-19 test if a voter wants to vote absentee over concerns about the virus. This comes amid a lack of consistent access to testing in the state.

Louisiana is one of seven states that will still require an excuse to vote by mail this year, only allowing absentee voting if a voter is aged 65 or older or meets certain other conditions such as temporary absence from their county or hospitalization.

For its elections in July and August, Louisiana eased those restrictions for voters at risk of developing complications from Covid-19 or who had potential exposure to the virus.

But under secretary of state Kyle Ardoin’s proposal for the state’s November and December elections released on Monday, those accommodations won’t apply.

Instead, a voter would need to test positive for Covid-19 between the end of early voting and election day, currently a week-long period to use the hospitalization excuse to request a mail-in ballot.

Donald J. Trump for President, the Republican National Committee and the New Jersey Republican State Committee brought the lawsuit asking the court to overturn Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy's executive order instituting the new rules that aim to give voters the option of avoiding voting in person during the coronavirus pandemic.

The lawsuit alleges that the executive order usurps the legislature's authority to decide when and how elections are held. It also alleges that the "system will violate eligible citizens' right to vote" and that "fraudulent and invalid votes dilute the votes of honest citizens and deprive them of their right to vote in violation of the Fourteenth Amendment."

Of all of Trump's personal flaws taken into consideration, is he still the best bet for world peace? Do we really care if he destroys his country's standing in the world if he continues to buddy up to Putin? Cheers from Canada.

Of all of Trump's personal flaws taken into consideration, is he still the best bet for world peace? Do we really care if he destroys his country's standing in the world if he continues to buddy up to Putin? Cheers from Canada.

ooooo - another Canadian

:cool:

He's doing a lot more than "destroying his country's standing". And, frankly, since he cannot be trusted to maintain any position for any longer than I can hold my breath, I don't think we really want to be relying on the clown Trump as our vanguard against any potential Putin threat. He's far more likely to end up in Putin's pocket himself.

Back
Top Bottom