Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Universal Credit Business Case NOT Approved By HM Treasury

Bakunin

I am Noodle's bitch.
http://www.theguardian.com/society/...not-signing-off-duncan-smith-universal-credit

The Treasury still hasn't signed off on the Universal Credit fiasco, this despite Esther McVey claiming that they had. So George Osborne possibly doesn't have any more faith in IDS than anyone else does and McVey has been caught lying about it.

Time for another Mekon Meltdown, methinks.

IDS, yesterday:

DD%2BPOSTER%2BMEKON.jpg

labour want to save it:facepalm:
At this point, given how IDS has bulldozed so many changes through and forced this project to proceed no matter the cost, this is probably the most expedient position they can take. I'm not justifying labour's position, and they have allowed themselves to be portrayed as the party that says no to every reform (which is a bizarre way to label the opposition) by our biased media.

labour want to save it:facepalm:

of course they do- they're terrified of being called the party of something-for-nothing etc by the right wing press. They will get that in the election run up anyway but there isn't a time share on a single spine among them. So it's me-too all the way.

MP Chris Bryant will be asking an Urgent Question in Parliament about this matter. You can watch it live from 12:30 here:

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=15637

Cue yet another Mekon Meltdown, methinks. It also occurs to me that Esther McVey's principle reason for remaining in her post is that, compared to the rank stench emanating from IDS, her own serial mendacity seems positively fragrant.

At this point, given how IDS has bulldozed so many changes through and forced this project to proceed no matter the cost, this is probably the most expedient position they can take. I'm not justifying labour's position, and they have allowed themselves to be portrayed as the party that says no to every reform (which is a bizarre way to label the opposition) by our biased media.

When the paperwork on UC finally gets published (what's the date for that now? August?) it might become clear that there's nothing that can be saved, that it would take several years and another billion quid just to get back to the point it was at before anyone started working on it. If I was Miliband I'd be distancing myself from this fiasco now to beat the rush.

But then if I was Miliband I'd basically do the opposite of everything he's done as Labour leader.

MP Chris Bryant will be asking an Urgent Question in Parliament about this matter. You can watch it live from 12:30 here:

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=15637

Cue yet another Mekon Meltdown, methinks. It also occurs to me that Esther McVey's principle reason for remaining in her post is that, compared to the rank stench emanating from IDS, her own serial mendacity seems positively fragrant.
I can't stand to listen to her. She's so transparently full of shit and simultaneously full of her own self importance it's painful. The way she overacts, like she's performing on stage reading 'the bard' is too much.

When the paperwork on UC finally gets published (what's the date for that now? August?) it might become clear that there's nothing that can be saved, that it would take several years and another billion quid just to get back to the point it was at before anyone started working on it. If I was Miliband I'd be distancing myself from this fiasco now to beat the rush.

But then if I was Miliband I'd basically do the opposite of everything he's done as Labour leader.
I doubt it will get published anytime before the election. Judgements or not, IDS will simply do what he likes and deny what he doesn't. There's nothing that can be done which is why, while I agree Miliband is a joke, it's more important we get IDS out of power.

I'm actually more worried about labours"making it work" than I am IDS's bungling. I can't help thinking "making it work" will be just doing it despite everything, but the press suddenly shutting up about any negative effects.

I just logged into the Parliament TV and they're all leaving, did i miss it?

EDIT: Fuck, I Desire Suffering is currently speaking.

I doubt it will get published anytime before the election. Judgements or not, IDS will simply do what he likes and deny what he doesn't. There's nothing that can be done which is why, while I agree Miliband is a joke, it's more important we get IDS out of power.

I think the longer he drags this out, and the workfare court case as well, the more likely his chickens will come home to roost close enough to the election to serious fuck the tories up.

So the treasury has signed off on UC for the remainder of this parliament - in whatever state it currently operates (and it doesn't, even on the simple level it's being implemented at). But they are in talks to sign off on its permanent implementation?

And he makes a virtue of this as prudence, despite blustering prior that it WILL be on time and in budget by 10/2013.

I'm actually more worried about labours"making it work" than I am IDS's bungling. I can't help thinking "making it work" will be just doing it despite everything, but the press suddenly shutting up about any negative effects.

If they just ploughed ahead with it in its current form you wouldn't need the press to pick up the story because it would cause such utter chaos.

Back
Top Bottom