Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine: Unsubstantiated rumours and speculation

As rumours and speculation go:
Travellers were left frustrated after British Airways cancelled all short-haul Heathrow flights on Saturday morning owing to technical problems.

The cancellations were unrelated to cyber-attacks and involved hardware issues, the company said.
What do people reckon? Just happens to be an innocent technical problem, or something a bit more :hmm:?

Last edited:
'Go fuck yourself' and 'Fuck you' don't really resonate with the portentous erudition of yer traditional warrior poets, but they're definitely getting traction

Some very unsubstantiated hearsay that I nevertheless thought I'd share.

My dad, who is organising some school exchanges with an American school in Washington, was talking to one of the teachers there about it. The teacher said that one of her students, whose dad works for some intelligence agency or something, said that they believe Putin has spent the last couple of years in isolation brooding about reviving Russian greatness and has basically gone mad.

I only post it because it seemed to fit what Rubio said so may be something to it, but hardly seems worth posting on the main thread.

My dad, who is organising some school exchanges with an American school in Washington, was talking to one of the teachers there about it. The teacher said that one of her students, whose dad works for some intelligence agency or something, said that they believe Putin has spent the last couple of years in isolation brooding about reviving Russian greatness and has basically gone mad.

I only post it because it seemed to fit what Rubio said so may be something to it, but hardly seems worth posting on the main thread.
That 'reviving Russian greatness' thing is evidenced by the state media articles that were pulled, referenced in the Bellingcat exec's Twitter thread I posted last night on the main invasion thread.

It would be a great irony if it turns out that the Russian Troll-Wrangler-in-Chief himself has become caught up in his own solipsistic echo chamber. Talk about living and dying by the sword.

i have 2 bank accounts, one at nationwide building society and one at barclays, just tried to access either online to pay something and neither are working did Putin do this?

still not working. i think it is him.

ETA friend who works as fintech software engineer says yes it’s either putin’s fault or his own. But I can’t tell if he’s joking.

Last edited:
i have 2 bank accounts, one at nationwide building society and one at barclays, just tried to access either online to pay something and neither are working did Putin do this?
I just transferred some money from my UK bank to Portugal and no probs

still not working. i think it is him.

ETA friend who works as fintech software engineer says yes it’s either putin’s fault or his own. But I can’t tell if he’s joking.
I think he's definitely joking. :)

Both still not working but friend has explained he thinks most likely a load of security people were working over the weekend to prevent issues and everyone else is now dealing with loose ends from that, so slightly balls-up preventative measures at those 2 websites.

Back
Top Bottom