Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, Feb 2022 - tangentially related crap

This is interesting - Russia and the US are still cooperating in space

Tangentally related - really don't like that this is called "crap" tbh. It seems flippant when it relates to people who are being genocided.
Doubt the OP meant it like that and it's just a figure of speech, but it feels disrespectful sometimes posting in this thread under "crap."
Is there a thread longer than a couple of pages where you're not posting beneath at least a turd or two?

Ukrainian team which has been creating viral videos

like this one..

Kind of an odd vid as sort of explains is a bit of a zero sum to the mid terms....which it seems (to me) about Roe v Wade vs what to do about QE and inflation.

Second protest took place today. I avoided the city centre. No numbers yet, but photos online suggest it was big, and there were similar demos in other cities. Again, the same pro-Putin message, organised by the fascist SPD and communist KSČM. Reading up after the last one, it seems many of them have just switched from COVID loonery to this. Fuck them.

Third large pro-Putin/Communist/Fascist protest took place in Prague on Friday. I've not seen numbers for it yet, but I've read that it was smaller than the second, which was around 50,000. Saw some of the fuckers heading home on the metro; curiously, they seemed to be having friendly words with a group of German skinheads. I wonder if German fash are providing support.

Anyway, better news: today there was a protest in support of Ukraine, LGBT rights (following two homophobic murders in Bratislava a couple of weeks ago), and democracy. Olena Zelenska, wife of President Zelensky, sent a video address. Photos below.

1.JPG

2.JPG

"Putin through the Hague court."
3.JPG

"They got rid of Rasputin. Next is Putin's turn."
4.JPG

Edit to add: screenshot from the livestream of today's demonstration. Czechs can be very creative.
Screenshot from 2022-10-30 19-56-21.png

And a great banner displayed on the Czech interior ministry, link here.

Last edited:
Yevgeny Prigozhin (oligarch, close associate of Putin, 2016 US election fiddling suspect and pretty convincing IRL Bond villian) once denied having anything to do with Wagner PMC after huge fuck-up in Syria in 2018.

Recently filmed recruiting prison inmates to Wagner PMC to fight in Ukraine (if the subtitles are to be believed).

View attachment 342787
View attachment 342785View attachment 342786

Prigozhin is now snubbing the official Kremlin line on Zelenskyy, describing him as a "strong, confident, pragmatic and nice guy" rather than a Nazi drug addict. Whatever the fuck he's playing at, he's starting to look like Putin's replacement if he can avoid windows for long enough.

(archive)

Q for you military types- do all special forces wear the same gear ie not camo stuff? saw a pic of some Polish GROM in UKR today- the jeans/salomons etc were present

Short of tankers, if the price cap works, less income when they do manage to sell oil.

I mentioned this the other day- Russia has been digging out of the least rotten tankers that are lying at anchor around the place- and there are shitloads - and buying up / leasing these barely seaworthy hulks. many have been at anchor for literally years, with a skeleton crew of low paid usually asian seamen doing the utter basics to keep them afloat. Depending on their destination, these will likely use the Suez route, as they are unlikely to be up to the job of a more discreet long haul around the cape. These are effectively uninsured for many - they wont get access to many ports if they have to make landfall because of this. The ramifications of blockade running with low quality stuff like this has massive environmental risk, especially at the volumes that Russia will need to shift their output at. meh.

Not directly related to the war in Ukraine, but "Visegrad24" post a lot about it on twitter, and are often used as a source for info on it.
Found this through Anne Applebaum, an article on their dodginess.

Visegrad24 - Trump fans close to Polish Foreign Ministry. Anonymous account mystery revealed
Now alleged to be funded directly by the Polish government via Morawiecki the Polish PM.

( needs chrome translate)

Back
Top Bottom