Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, Feb 2022 - tangentially related crap

even the pope supports the ukranians

I think you're all missing the real story View attachment 342970

TBF I do think that making a gesture in terms of who can and can't attend (or making a point not to attend) someone else's funeral is pretty shabby, petty behaviour - whether it is a family funeral or that of a head of state.

Every ambassador who has been received and is in post should have been invited.

Centre of Prague yesterday: I blundered into a 70,000 strong demonstration by Czech fascists. The themes were anti-Islam, anti-immigration ("they are taking our homes"), anti-Ukrainian refugees, anti-NATO, anti-EU, and pro-Putin. Many, many Nazi t-shirts worn openly, which isn't terribly unusual here but to see them in such numbers was. Some seriously weird Putin t-shirts depicting him as semi-naked and muscular. Protest was organised by SPD (far right), KSČM (Communist party, just a racist pro-Putin group) and some other extremists.

Seventy fucking thousand.

There are serious social problems here: 15% inflation, rocketing property prices for years, energy prices etc. Prague vs. the rest. City vs. country. Things are starting to bite. Unemployment, as far as I know, is still very low, and has been for years and years. Seventy thousand marching in support of this shit though, is terrifying.

Edit to add: I've lived in this country almost ten years. From the start, I've known people from all walks of life and never had any illusions about it: casual racism is the norm for many. This wasn't that though, it was a fucking huge crowd fired up with hatred by manipulative people. Can't help but think of "Tomorrow Belongs to Me" and all that shit. Maybe it will be a wake up call for liberals and for the government, but I can't see it. I am afraid for the future.

Second protest took place today. I avoided the city centre. No numbers yet, but photos online suggest it was big, and there were similar demos in other cities. Again, the same pro-Putin message, organised by the fascist SPD and communist KSČM. Reading up after the last one, it seems many of them have just switched from COVID loonery to this. Fuck them.

Second protest took place today. I avoided the city centre. No numbers yet, but photos online suggest it was big, and there were similar demos in other cities. Again, the same pro-Putin message, organised by the fascist SPD and communist KSČM. Reading up after the last one, it seems many of them have just switched from COVID loonery to this. Fuck them.
Messages pushed through the same channels as the Covid nonsense, by the same people most likely.

Update from War Translated, "most battlefield information is from Russian sources." Some interesting stuff here, some of it "rumours."

Thread by @wartranslated on Thread Reader App

🔥 Crimea:
Former 🇺🇸 general Ben Hodges predicted 🇺🇦 liberating Crimea within a year. All Sevastopol is reportedly getting mobilized, this is a chance for them to turn against 🇷🇺

🔥 Nord stream:
🇷🇺 chose the most expensive way to sabotage it, restoring would cost $10 bn. Possibly 🇷🇺 would attack 🇺🇦 gas pipelines, cutting off 🇪🇺 completely, just for revenge.

🔥 Isolation:
Unknown if mobilized would mount offensive, or stay in defense, this could be related to overall plan of either attempting attacks, or isolation and defense. Possibly 🇷🇺 is going for isolation in 🇰🇵 North Korea style, intentionally drafting potential for any rebellions.

Rumors of 🇧🇾 preparing to accept echelons of mobilized solders. 🇺🇦 will not hesitate to use newly acquired HIMARS, they won't even teach border.

Original video in Russian is here. (They say English voiceover will be added tomorrow.)

So they will declare annexations tomorrow and it suddenly becomes very very dangerous. There is clearly a section of the Russian leadership who believe that will give them the right to use nukes and that the west will fade away if they do.

So they will declare annexations tomorrow and it suddenly becomes very very dangerous. There is clearly a section of the Russian leadership who believe that will give them the right to use nukes and that the west will fade away if they do.
I think it will. Putin’s dead if he loses power. Have you heard his ‘rat’ story? He recollects growing up in poverty and finding a rat in the kitchen. When he tried to remove/kill it it turned around and attacked him. He said he learned from this. He’s cornered.

There, on that stair landing, I got a quick and lasting lesson in the meaning of the word ‘cornered.’ There were hordes of rats in the front entryway. My friends and I used to chase them around with sticks. Once I spotted a huge rat and pursued it down the hall until I drove it into a corner. It had nowhere to run. Suddenly it lashed around and threw itself at me. I was surprised and frightened. Now the rat was chasing me. It jumped across the landing and down the stairs. Luckily, I was a little faster and I managed to slam the door on its nose.

The lesson there appears to be "Sometimes you need to retreat or become rat food," and it seems like Putin's military has learned it better than he has.

It's really bad that they went into their 'special military operation' to remove Nazis and they end up acting exactly like Nazis.

American actor who played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, Mark Hamill became the ambassador of the United24 fundraising platform.

He is the first ambassador to help raise funds to support our defenders, the Drone Army.

This is a difficult yet very important mission. Mark, we are sure you will definitely handle it. Thank you for supporting the Ukrainian people in our struggle for freedom.”

I think it will. Putin’s dead if he loses power. Have you heard his ‘rat’ story? He recollects growing up in poverty and finding a rat in the kitchen. When he tried to remove/kill it it turned around and attacked him. He said he learned from this. He’s cornered.
A tale for which man is not yet prepared.

Oleksandra Matviichuk, head of joint Nobel Peace Prize winner, Centre for Civil Liberties, has called for Putin, Lukashenko "and other war criminals" to face an international tribunal.

In a Facebook post on Friday, Matviichuk said she was glad that the center had received the prize, along with the human rights group Memorial and jailed Belarusian advocate Ales Bialiatski.

She called for Russia to be removed from the United Nations Security Council for what she called “systemic breaches of the UN Charter.”

“UN and the member countries should resolve the problem of the ‘gaps in responsibility’ and provide a chance for justice to hundreds of thousands of war crimes victims. Without this a steady peace in our region is impossible,” Matviichuk wrote.
She continued to say that her 20 years of experience in fighting for civil liberties and human rights “undoubtedly shows that everyday people have much more influence than they think.”

Head of Nobel Peace Prize-winning Ukrainian organization calls for Putin and Lukashenko to face tribunal

Back
Top Bottom