Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, Feb 2022 - tangentially related crap

Ah, them lovely chaps over in Kabul made a Good Friday announcement that they are to resume the stoning of women for adultery.

Russia has responded today by inviting the Taliban to the Russia-Islamic World forum in Kazan. Only issue is that before Russia went totally loopy they had placed the Taliban on their banned list of terrorists, which puts them in a pickle re the invite. So the fearless fighters of fascism Russia has now removed the Taliban from their list, problem solved.

Arabic saying regarding lie with dogs…

Last edited:
After Russia's frankly pathetic response to Finland joining NATO, sending refugees from Africa towards Finland on bicycles, the Fins closed all the borders, but had to review that policy every two months. That two months would be up on 14th April, yesterday they voted to close all borders indefinitely.

Not to forget Finland, like Ukraine is also a much smaller neighbour of Russia, whom Russia also chose to invade, and got their arse handed to them on a plate.

Medvedevs latest rant is quite something!

Our NATO friends have got a new mantra. Now they are collectively saying that intervention in “Ukraine” is not in plans. Just some troops will enter an area near Lvov and maybe Kiev to relieve the Ukrainian army. Kind of, doing housekeeping and organising; training; bringing elite special forces to some places. Nothing more. Implication: people of our countries, relax. There will be but a few coffins. And you, Russians, don’t get too anxious, we are not going to make war.

Just totally brazen brutes who hold all the world for fools! All these microgenital NATO organs have to follow orders by the ukrainian military forces and none other! Otherwise, they won’t be allowed even into such a squalid, dying country as “Ukraine”.

That means they will become part of the regular forces who are now fighting against us. Which is why they can only be treated as enemies; and not just enemies, but as elite detachments, Hitler’s SS punishers. And there can only be one rule for these overseas lice, who, unlike the unfortunate Ukrainians, were not forced to go to war: no prisoners taken! And for each NATO fighter killed, blown-up, or burned there must be a maximum reward. And no giving the bodies back. Let the relatives abroad suffer.

Our NATO friends have got a new mantra. Now they are collectively saying that intervention in “Ukraine” is not in plans. Just some troops will enter an area near Lvov and maybe Kiev to relieve the Ukrainian army. Kind of, doing housekeeping and organising; training; bringing elite special forces to some places. Nothing more. Implication: people of our countries, relax. There will be but a few coffins. And you, Russians, don’t get too anxious, we are not going to make war.

Just totally brazen brutes who hold all the world for fools! All these microgenital NATO organs have to follow orders by the ukrainian military forces and none other! Otherwise, they won’t be allowed even into such a squalid, dying country as “Ukraine”.

That means they will become part of the regular forces who are now fighting against us. Which is why they can only be treated as enemies; and not just enemies, but as elite detachments, Hitler’s SS punishers. And there can only be one rule for these overseas lice, who, unlike the unfortunate Ukrainians, were not forced to go to war: no prisoners taken! And for each NATO fighter killed, blown-up, or burned there must be a maximum reward. And no giving the bodies back. Let the relatives abroad suffer.

He is a mental racist piece of shit, as somebody said that seems to be his role now. His propaganda statements read more like some nutty M-L group.

You know who did the best propaganda statements? The PIRA. Early to mid-eighties all allegedly done by the same bloke, the one who said "we only have to be lucky once". He wrote in Republican News a lot. No shit. No need for exclamation marks. Or casual racism.

:hmm:

He is a mental racist piece of shit, as somebody said that seems to be his role now. His propaganda statements read more like some nutty M-L group.

You know who did the best propaganda statements? The PIRA. Early to mid-eighties all allegedly done by the same bloke, the one who said "we only have to be lucky once". He wrote in Republican News a lot. No shit. No need for exclamation marks. Or casual racism.

Microgenital NATO organs was a particular highlight.

I guess Friday night is vodka night at chez Medvedev

This is the reverse of the truth. The PIRA were absolutely useless at PR and could never put their case across in a way that the British public could understand. Everyone in the UK hated them as a result.
It would be very rare for a separatist movement carrying out an armed campaign including terrorist attacks to be popular in the country they are fighting against. I don't think it is true that the UK was devoid of people who sympathised with their cause either, and stuff like the hunger strike was enormously successful at getting international attention and sympathy.

It would be very rare for a separatist movement carrying out an armed campaign including terrorist attacks to be popular in the country they are fighting against.

I grew up in Wales, where the PIRA really ought to have been able to rustle up a bit of support. In some circles anyway. But they couldn't do it. Everyone hated them there just as much as in England.

I grew up in Wales, where the PIRA really ought to have been able to rustle up a bit of support. In some circles anyway. But they couldn't do it. Everyone hated them there just as much as in England.
You really like speaking for entire populations don't you? I grew up in England - albeit in a Catholic family with some Irish roots, hardly an uncommon demographic in England - and while people in my family certainly didn't support them they also understood why they were fighting and broadly supported their aims if not their methods. And there were of course English people who did support them including their methods. So "everyone" isn't true is it?

Incidentally there is some residual enmity towards the Welsh amongst the Northern Irish Catholic community, apparently the Welsh soldiers were some of the worst behaved during the troubles.

Watched that Storyville doc on Mebion Glyndwr recently, and they and other of the more radical end of the nationalist movement seemed to take some inspiration from the PIRA.

You really like speaking for entire populations don't you? I grew up in England - albeit in a Catholic family with some Irish roots, hardly an uncommon demographic in England - and while people in my family certainly didn't support them they also understood why they were fighting and broadly supported their aims if not their methods. And there were of course English people who did support them including their methods. So "everyone" isn't true is it?

Incidentally there is some residual enmity towards the Welsh amongst the Northern Irish Catholic community, apparently the Welsh soldiers were some of the worst behaved during the troubles.
Whatever, he obviously has a better handle on Opinions in Wales at the time than you could have and as another who grew up in Wales in that period I can say that everyone I knew considered and still considered them as terrorist scum.
A position I still hold

Whatever, he obviously has a better handle on Opinions in Wales at the time than you could have and as another who grew up in Wales in that period I can say that everyone I knew considered and still considered them as terrorist scum.
A position I still hold
Not disputing that that may have been the dominant viewpoint but I am disputing the use of "everyone". It seems extemely unlikely that every single person in Wales was consumed with hatred for the IRA, and I know for a fact that it wasn't true in England.

Back
Top Bottom