Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, Feb 2022 - tangentially related crap

kinda what I mean Trevor would of taken Putin to task not sat like a nodding gobshite whilst he rambled
The two situations are in no way similar. Unlike TMD with Saddam, Carlson admires Putin, or at least seems him as an ally/useful to his own politics. Putin likewise.

Putin was not out to impress an international left-liberal audience.

He was out mainly to impress his domestic audience to support his plans to send more Russians to die in pursuit of killing more Ukrainians.

Side benefit is that he may impress some MAGA morons to get Trump in to power, who in turn will support his plans to send more Russians to die in pursuit of killing more Ukrainians.

I wonder how many of the Carlson fanboys who thought this interview would provide some stunning insights watched all the way through Putin's history lecture. Even Elon Musk recommended watching the interview on 2.5 speed, though that's probably because he was in a hurry to get to the point where they talked about him.

He was out mainly to impress his domestic audience to support his plans to send more Russians to die in pursuit of killing more Ukrainians.

Side benefit is that he may impress some MAGA morons to get Trump in to power, who in turn will support his plans to send more Russians to die in pursuit of killing more Ukrainians.
MAGA morons and the like have an impact on those in high circles in the Republican party who want to see an end to this war, even if it has to be largely on Putin's terms, so they can concentrate on the bigger, much more important confrontation with China, as I mentioned above. Putin knows this, and so does Carlson.

MAGA morons and the like have an impact on those in high circles in the Republican party who want to see an end to this war, even if it has to be largely on Putin's terms, so they can concentrate on the bigger, much more important confrontation with China, as I mentioned above. Putin knows this, and so does Carlson.

kinda love this post from you fella after all the evil neocomn stuff about democratic party

damn war mongers not known the real war is with china

The two situations are in no way similar. Unlike TMD with Saddam, Carlson admires Putin, or at least seems him as an ally/useful to his own politics. Putin likewise.

at what stage was Saddam Hussain at left liberal

:hmm:

Reactions: tim
kinda love this post from you fella after all the evil neocomn stuff about democratic party

damn war mongers not known the real war is with china

at what stage was Saddam Hussain at left liberal

:hmm:
If I've understood the post correctly... I don't remember writing anything directly about evil neocon influence on the Democrats (particularly as I've argued against the simple-minded good vs evil stuff that many seek to find an unattainable comfort in), but the neocons clearly have a continuing influence on both Democrats and Republicans. Most in the higher circles of the Republicans still agree with the dominant Democrat view regarding Ukraine despite their troublesome but influential, dissenting minority. A major reason the latter are holding back on Ukraine is that they want to save the bombs for the major confrontation with China on which they are, along with most of the US political and business class, determined. They are merely the keenest.

Don't really understand the last question, as I never remotely implied that Saddam was a left-liberal. Trevor was attacking him from a western liberal viewpoint, in contrast to Carlson, who, as I said, admires Putin in many ways. And this suited Putin well, as he is uninterested in what western liberals think. He was seeking to come across well to the growing non-liberal strand of opinion in the west, especially in the US, as he thinks it suits his purpose.

If I've understood the post correctly... I don't remember writing anything directly about evil neocon influence on the Democrats (particularly as I've argued against the simple-minded good vs evil stuff that many seek to find an unattainable comfort in), but the neocons clearly have a continuing influence on both Democrats and Republicans. Most in the higher circles of the Republicans still agree with the dominant Democrat view regarding Ukraine despite their troublesome but influential, dissenting minority. A major reason the latter are holding back on Ukraine is that they want to save the bombs for the major confrontation with China on which they are, along with most of the US political and business class, determined. They are merely the keenest.

Don't really understand the last question, as I never remotely implied that Saddam was a left-liberal. Trevor was attacking him from a western liberal viewpoint, in contrast to Carlson, who, as I said, admires Putin in many ways. And this suited Putin well, as he is uninterested in what western liberals think. He was seeking to come across well to the growing non-liberal strand of opinion in the west, especially in the US, as he thinks it suits his purpose.
Watched a couple of the Alt right youtube responses..were sort of scrabbling given they'd bigger it up in advance..Learned a lot cos to be honest couldn't til now worked out why they'd cut Putin so much slack...in the main the 'history lesson' must have been fast forwarded..in favour of the shit that reinforced what they've been pumping out. A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..so the song goes. Certainly true here. And it does make them Putin propagandists (that he's playing) and I better get the sgated core value...a big meh from me.
e. Tbf to Putin he did say a couple of things with regards his actual history that gives Bbc pause though and stuff to look out for(though probably classified) and with a pinch of salt given the potted history he can out with...

BBC fact checkers also did over his potted history Tucker Carlson interview: Fact-checking Putin's 'nonsense' history and that if true is my take home depressive ..he made a lot claims with regards Lenin and Stalin and mistakes but no evidence...fct checkers didn't comment but if there really is no archive from then just shows how badly Russians were and and still are governed

Nuanced and constructive thought ain't 'a la mode' these days (well certainly not publicly). But if he's saying I don't understand why Stalin did regionalisation (as he did) . The sort of 'fact checkers that can say well he's buying into propagandanda about the 8th century later Csars puy about should be able to come up with stuff Stalin related that improves his understanding.

(Just saying)

Sort of get it now. Stalin was Georgian...and that shaped his ideas on what was needed to keep the Soviets together. A bit like Blair and Brown and the formation of the Scottish Parliament ...then after it all falls apart and Putin (born St Petersburg) tries to put it all back together...would be like Farage trying to undo devolution by trying to tell the whole UK its English

For a fella whose health in the past two years has been up and down like a yoyo I thought Putin looked quite well tbh. Either that or one of his doubles has been using an AI to crash learn Russian history .

L
Blatantly just using clout to generate interest ahead of the paperback reissue of his smash 2021 essay
Good spot. watched the livestream when Carlson did the interview (YouTube released has edited out most of the 'history' lesson)....Carlson was genuinely surprised by the 'history lesson' (as he admits at the beginning of the released YouTube).....can't have done any research prior to the interview

Dwyer's hero. Dismantled.

The former Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s much touted sit-down with Vladimir Putin was many things.

It was damaging to global democracy, giving ammunition to the craven congressional Republicans who want to do Putin’s bidding by denying aid to Ukraine. It was boring, particularly given the Russian president’s long discourse, early in the two-hour slog, on his version of the history of the region.

And it was a priceless propaganda gift, helping Putin in every possible way with his messaging – internally in Russia, and externally to the world – about Ukraine. That started with Carlson’s introductory video message, recorded after the interview, urging his viewers on X (formerly Twitter) to see Putin above all as “sincere”.

But here’s what the interview was not. It was not journalism, despite being a rare chance for a western media figure to question the Russian leader.

Sucking up to Putin at every turn, Carlson described Gershkovich – an accomplished and respected American reporter in his 30s – as a “kid” and even suggesting that he may have done something illegal that justified his arrest almost a year ago.

Gershkovich’s colleagues at the Wall Street Journal were appropriately appalled. Ted Mann, a Journal reporter, tweeted that it was “disgraceful” of Carlson to suggest he’d broken the law, and the Journal issued a statement that made their position clear: “Evan is a journalist and journalism is not a crime. Any portrayal to the contrary is total fiction.”

Many American reporters have tried unsuccessfully to sit down with Putin, especially since the invasion of Ukraine.

But the Russian president was waiting for the right stooge. With Carlson, he got just that.

Your takeaway from the whole thing is "Putin looked good?"

Putin’s health or illness has a huge bearing on European security, so it’s probably a more significant takeaway than whatever crap he thinks useful idiots in the West should hear.

Putin’s health or illness has a huge bearing on European security, so it’s probably a more significant takeaway than whatever crap he thinks useful idiots in the West should hear

How is random speculation on Putin's health based on his appearance in that interview a significant takeaway?

How is random speculation on Putin's health based on his appearance in that interview a significant takeaway?

It’s the first thing about the interview which I have found interesting. There was lots of wishful chatter last year about Putin being gravely ill.

Putin blames Boris for strengthening Ukrainian resolve...by that stage Ukrainians were aware of Russian atrocities and were turning their molotovs into napalm

Back
Top Bottom