Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukip - why are they gaining support?

I've no problem with the egging - the egging is fine and i always support politicians being reminded that they can only walk the streets in physical safety right now as we allow them to. It's the pathetic sad old men stuff that i'm talking about here. Essentially that says to the tens or hundreds of thousands of people being fucked over, scared of being fucked over and already fucked over that you support them being fucked over by business, state and politicians. That you have no answer to them being fucked over and that you're not looking for one - you're just happy that it's happening and want to enjoy it whilst you can. It's so politically stupid. A little bit of thought and you could point out that Farage is one of those people fucking the dreaded scared old men over or something - but no, laugh at the scared old men instead.

Sorry, but I don't get all the fuss about Farage and UKIP. Lets not forget they do not have a single MP or Lord. All they have is one or two council seats and a European one. Are they really that much of a threat?

Sorry, but I don't get all the fuss about Farage and UKIP. Lets not forget they do not have a single MP or Lord. All they have is one or two council seats and a European one. Are they really that much of a threat?
They've won 13 MEPS at the last election with 2.5 million votes (16%) the current polls suggests they may well double that this time. And their councilors are now in their hundreds. 5 million people turning to UKIP is something worth taking note of.

And when you ask are they a threat - who do you mean are they threat to?

I've no problem with the egging - the egging is fine and i always support politicians being reminded that they can only walk the streets in physical safety right now as we allow them to. It's the pathetic sad old men stuff that i'm talking about here. Essentially that says to the tens or hundreds of thousands of people being fucked over, scared of being fucked over and already fucked over that you support them being fucked over by business, state and politicians. That you have no answer to them being fucked over and that you're not looking for one - you're just happy that it's happening and want to enjoy it whilst you can. It's so politically stupid. A little bit of thought and you could point out that Farage is one of those people fucking the dreaded scared old men over or something - but no, laugh at the scared old men instead.

I didn't much care for what the bloke said, and the idea of throwing an egg at someone then standing around to shout some slogans while the police come to take you away is tactically flawed to put it mildly.

After Farage was egged he was spirited off to, of all places, the nearest pub. Word soon got round and a large crowd of people gathered outside hoping to make Mr Farage aware of the extent of their displeasure at his racist hatemongering. There was a daily Mirror journalist in a chicken suit for some reason.

Farage and chums, men of the people that they are, were smuggled out the back and quickly made themselves scarce.

I don't buy this stuff about Farage voicing the genuine concerns of the working class. What I saw today was more evidence of what I'd long suspected, that the working class are not so easily fooled as some posters around here would have us believe and most of them hate the likes of UKIP.

BmVaB7yCEAEiido.png:large

That must be the third time someone's posted that.

As I understand it there's is a weight limit on the Freepost, so those bricks will just stay in the post office.

Why not stamp up loads of envelopes instead? I'm so sure it's possible to get a packet of many in a pound shop or 'borrow' some from work.

There's also a free phone number on the flyer I had, calling that from a phone box will waste a fraction of cash and time if you can be bothered.

That must be the third time someone's posted that.

As I understand it there's is a weight limit on the Freepost, so those bricks will just stay in the post office.

Why not stamp up loads of envelopes instead? I'm so sure it's possible to get a packet of many in a pound shop or 'borrow' some from work.

There's also a free phone number on the flyer I had, calling that from a phone box will waste a fraction of cash and time if you can be bothered.

From what I can see most people who are doing this are not posting bricks, obviously. They are addressing lots of envelopes, cutting up campaign material and putting a little bit in each one.

From what I can see most people who are doing this are not posting bricks, obviously. They are addressing lots of envelopes, cutting up campaign material and putting a little bit in each one.
i sent him a bit of an old hoover yesterday.

WTF are you on about?

In the Doncaster area the biggest group of UKIP members and supporters appear to be the small shopkeepers.
Strange though that most of them are ex English Democrat supporters of the former elected mayor Peter Davies, father of Philip Davies the conservative MP for Shipley.

Back
Top Bottom