Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

U75's albums of the year 2007

Reading this thread has made me realise how many albums I've missed this year, how easily impressed people are by Radiohead mimicking themselves on better form a few years back, and how the people's love of Interpol will always be a mystery to me.

Also, I missed out on all the voting but am disappointed that neither Future of the Left (Curses) nor 65daysofstatic (The Destruction of Small Ideas) made it in. Shame on you urban.

Brainaddict said:
Future of the Left (Curses)

Hmm. I'd never heard this band until i found out that they were supporting Against Me!, so i downloaded this record, and was rather impressed. Only got to listen to it two or three times before seeing them though, so didn't get a chance to really get into it. After seeing them live i'm glad i didn't bother, they were abysmal.

cliche guevara said:
Hmm. I'd never heard this band until i found out that they were supporting Against Me!, so i downloaded this record, and was rather impressed. Only got to listen to it two or three times before seeing them though, so didn't get a chance to really get into it. After seeing them live i'm glad i didn't bother, they were abysmal.
Really? That's a shame.

I still think the album is good and should definitely not be displaced by the mediocre likes of Modest Mouse and Interpol :)

Brainaddict said:
65daysofstatic (The Destruction of Small Ideas)

This just seemed to me like diminshing returns on their previous work ... though granted I should probably give it a good few more listens ...

The_Reverend_M said:
This just seemed to me like diminshing returns on their previous work ... though granted I should probably give it a good few more listens ...
Really? I heard TDOSI first and when I listened to earlier stuff was disappointed. Maybe it depends which you heard first.

Pavlik said:
I quite liked that actually. sounded like a cross between nagasaki nightmare and the slits ;)

You Know what? As soon as I posted dat, I knew you would say you liked it. :p But doesn't it sound a bit similar to Von Sudenfed? :confused:

LesNatrels said:
You Know what? As soon as I posted dat, I knew you would say you liked it. :p But doesn't it sound a bit similar to Von Sudenfed? :confused:
I guess I can only cope with a limited amount of mark e smith's warblings in any one lifetime. :)

On the subject of Mark E Smith, I have finally gotten around to downloading to and listening to the newest Fall album and I can confidently state that would have made it into my personal top 20 this year.

Back
Top Bottom