Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tour de France 2022

I'm just checking the odds again, and whilst Pogacar is still odds-on for the GC win, Roglic has slid down behind Higuita and Vingegaard. He looked pretty impressive in the Dauphiné, so has something happened to him since?

I'm just checking the odds again, and whilst Pogacar is still odds-on for the GC win, Roglic has slid down behind Higuita and Vingegaard. He looked pretty impressive in the Dauphiné, so has something happened to him since?
Higuita isn't even on Bora's long list for the Tour so that must have been a mistake. In any case he'd be below the likes of Vlasov and Thomas who are around 17/1.
Apparently Vingegaard is a better climber than Roglic so if Pog takes off turbo style (which I hope he does and then some) then Vingegaard is more likely to be able to follow. One the other hand both Pog and Roglic should be better at ITTs than him.
Anyway here's hoping for loads of crosswinds in the early stages and some real excitement.

looking forward to it. let's hope its not all over by the end of the first week like last year.
The first five stages look cool and we could have a surprise leader but then I want to see Pog smash the Jumbo mountain train to shit asap.

The first five stages look cool and we could have a surprise leader but then I want to see Pog smash the Jumbo mountain train to shit asap.
exactly. he really is some rider isn't he. fearless with unbounding ability. he managed to win it first time with no real team around him. interesting that jumbo V are using the old sky tactic, that everyone hated, but which kept on winning. hoping for an exciting race that is still on a knife edge until the last week.

exactly. he really is some rider isn't he. fearless with unbounding ability. he managed to win it first time with no real team around him. interesting that jumbo V are using the old sky tactic, that everyone hated, but which kept on winning. hoping for an exciting race that is still on a knife edge until the last week.
Agreed apart from I don't really care about a knife edge. I want to see Jumbo repeatedly humiliated :D

I can't find any odds on the green jersey. Looking down the start list you have Coquard, Ewan, Jakobsen, Gorenewegen, and Bennett. But it'll probably be Sagan again, right?

I can't find any odds on the green jersey. Looking down the start list you have Coquard, Ewan, Jakobsen, Gorenewegen, and Bennett. But it'll probably be Sagan again, right?

Sagan is off the pace these days. Though he did win a stage recently at Tour de Suisse. I think he was more surprised than anyone else

No, it’ll be WvA.
But, he's "injured" and had to miss the Belgian national championships today.
Of course that's just more Jumbo bollocks and he'll be at the Tour fit and healthy.
Sadly there aren't enough pure sprint stages for the likes of Jakobsen to get enough points.

Last edited:
No Alaphilippe, Cavendish or Senechal in Quickstep squad:

Andrea Bagioli (Ita)
Kasper Asgreen (Den)
Mattia Cattaneo (Ita)
Mikkel Honoré (Den)
Tim Declercq
Yves Lampaert
Fabio Jakobsen (Ned)
Michael Morkov (Den)

Makes sense from a team pov, but gutted for Cav.
And Senechal. He won the French championship yesterday battling against 18-man teams from the French squads. Shame he can't wear the tricolour in the Tour especially as Honore has been below par this season and Senechal would be more of a help to Jakobsen.

Let's not forget where Cav was two years ago - he's still got a lot to thank Quickstep for. Of course he repaid them but no one else was interested.

BORA team - Vlasov, Schachmann, Kämna, Großschartner, Konrad, Politt, Haller and Van Poppel

No place for Sam Bennett. Easy decision as in a couple of races he a unable to get past his lead out man. :D
That bitter, big money split from Quickstep didn't work out!

Sagan is off the pace these days. Though he did win a stage recently at Tour de Suisse. I think he was more surprised than anyone else
Sagan's never been the quickest in a peloton sprint at the Tour. He picks up the points which the others leave to save themselves for the finish line.

Bet 365 have just put up their odds:

4/6 van Aert
9/2 Sagan
6/1 Jakobsen
7/1 Philipsen
12/1 Pedersen
20/1 Matthews
22/1 Groenewegen
25/1 van der Poel
28/1 Ewan
66/1 Coquard

No value in that market at all but I'm a bit surprised by MvdP's odds. He's said he's not interested but I'd love him to troll Van Aert.

Intermarché-Wanty team lineup:
  • Louis Meintjes
  • Alexander Kristoff
  • Sven Erik Bystrøm
  • Kobe Goossens
  • Andrea Pasqualon
  • Adrien Petit
  • Taco van der Hoorn
  • Georg Zimmermann
Taco and Kristoff have to be in with a shout for a stage win.

Oh no, one of the big engines in the peloton, Tim "The Tractor' Declercq is out after a positive Covid test. Let's hope this doesn't turn out like the Tour de Suisse.
Meanwhile Florian Senechal replaces him and therefore gets to show off the French national champs jersey.

Back
Top Bottom