Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory MP David Amess Stabbed to Death 15/10/21

… if the beer’s off, the beer’s off: you tell the landlord. Doesn’t matter if it’s your first visit or you’ve got a pewter tankard with your name on it hanging behind the bar.

What’s with all the pub analogies?

I’ve already said: fun. That’s why most people go to the pub, isn’t it? To have a bit of fun. And if my opinions offend you, shuffle up a bit closer to your mates, have another beer and get over it.

I find the time stamps on these arguing posts pretty baffling. I appreciate some people are posting from different countries (like Wales) but if I'm awake at those times having a row is the last thing on my mind. An internet row needs to be fuelled by a minimum of 2 cups of coffee.

I find the time stamps on these arguing posts pretty baffling. I appreciate some people are posting from different countries (like Wales) but if I'm awake at those times having a row is the last thing on my mind. An internet row needs to be fuelled by a minimum of 2 cups of coffee.
Spanner's MO seems to turn up in the small hours, and nitpick his way through a selection of posts, more or less (but not entirely) on his own. Then he picks up the subsequent reactions the next night, and round it goes again. It's a bit like trolling by post :)

But it's pretty obvious that his contributions add absolutely nothing to Urban - beyond giving some of us an opportunity for a bit of guilt-free nosetweaking - and I'd certainly not miss him if he flounced, or got booted out.

Spanner's MO seems to turn up in the small hours, and nitpick his way through a selection of posts, more or less (but not entirely) on his own. Then he picks up the subsequent reactions the next night, and round it goes again. It's a bit like trolling by post :)

But it's pretty obvious that his contributions add absolutely nothing to Urban - beyond giving some of us an opportunity for a bit of guilt-free nosetweaking - and I'd certainly not miss him if he flounced, or got booted out.
trolling by numbers

It may or may not surprise you to know I’ve never heard of Operation Spanner. And I’m fairly sure most people reading this hadn’t heard of it either until 5 minutes ago.
I have. "What has become of the ancient liberties of the free-born Englishman if he cannot nail his scrotum to the table in the privacy of his own home" - thus spake Sean French in the New Statesman, a line that remains lodged in my memory.

Back
Top Bottom