Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Only got one - but it was lovely. We roasted it and have had 2 meals for the two of us from it. I've sliced /cut it up and put it in portions in freezer - enough for at least 4 more meals for us both plus bone and bits for soup. Not bad for £9.50ish. Bet there won't be any more when I go back.
They've also got the frozen lobsters in for a fiver i think,and goose crowns for about 7-8 quid or a whole bird for £14.99 iirc.
I know some people that turn their fucking noses up at Lidl and Aldi but fuck 'em,you cant odds a bit of quality gear when its cheap.:)

Only got one - but it was lovely. We roasted it and have had 2 meals for the two of us from it. I've sliced /cut it up and put it in portions in freezer - enough for at least 4 more meals for us both plus bone and bits for soup. Not bad for £9.50ish. Bet there won't be any more when I go back.
Maybe try other branches within travelling distance - I generally do Brixton and Streatham, but have widened that to Clapham Junction, Old Kent Road. Penge etc when desperate.

Now that I've stocked up on them to use as presents, Aldi's salted caramel truffles are better than the Charbonnel et Walker ones from Waitrose, at less than half the price.

I looked last Thurs and there wasn't. Well, there was big old lamb legs but none for half price. :( Think Lidl deals run Thurs - Wed going by their website, which'll explain why.
Stockwell Lidl still had nz lamb legs @£4.99/kg incl some with 30% off that. Also pork joints with 30% off and beef roasting joints @£3.95/kg. Freezer filled with enough meat to last us at least 3 months!

I did a massive food shop in Lidl today - massive as it's just me and the girl at home. Big trolley piled up, just picked what we fancied - oh shit this is going to cost me a fortune I think.
£88
Get in.

Did Christmas booze run, decided to do Lidl as the first stop and then extend the search elsewhere...

A lot of lager, bottle of port, bottle of amaretto, Three red wines, a bottle of white burgundy and a bottle of Icewein (Canadian?) as an indulgence (not tried it before). Sixty quid, including random stollen, crisps, nachos and cherry liqueurs. I had allowed eighty quid, so I'm chuffed :thumbs:

They've also got the frozen lobsters in for a fiver i think . . .

I've had one of those and didn't think it was worth it to be honest - you can go to Waitrose and for a couple of quid more :)eek: - I KNOW - Waitrose) you get a bigger lobster which is much nicer

I've had one of those and didn't think it was worth it to be honest - you can go to Waitrose and for a couple of quid more :)eek: - I KNOW - Waitrose) you get a bigger lobster which is much nicer
Yeah they're not the greatest to be honest.Alright though if you cane 'em with melted garlic butter and red chilli.

Very disappointing beer run to a Lidl I've not been to in Ashton, but they had Bishops Finger so not all bad. The one in Chesterfield was much better.

I've certainly drunk at lot of Old Empire in the last year, but may finally be getting board of it.

I hope Aldi get a fresh IPA for 2016.

5ooml bottles of Rhymney export, Brains SA gold...and Welsh pale ale ...all 79p each ....I may have to go back ... gave it my best keanu Reeves when I went past the dump bin .... whooa ....(lidl)

Clementines are absolute bursts of flavour at the mo

:(
My local Aldi has stopped selling milled flaxseed.
For once I would have been justified in stockpiling ...
I was using all 3 variants.
At some point I will probably be living somewhere where the only option is to get bulk deliveries of whole seed and grind them myself.

:(
My local Aldi has stopped selling milled flaxseed.
For once I would have been justified in stockpiling ...
I was using all 3 variants.
At some point I will probably be living somewhere where the only option is to get bulk deliveries of whole seed and grind them myself.
I think you're probably better off milling flax seed in small batches anyway - the oils (which I imagine is the whole reason for having it) will oxidise and degrade fairly quickly once milled.

Yes I know, but it never hangs around long and it was very good value and my nerves can't cope with using a whizzy grinder at the moment.

Flaxseed back in stock in Aldi :)

I've started hoarding it just in case. It got so bad I was starting to contemplate Holland and Barrett...
Having decided to eat it every day for the rest of my life ...

The mini easter eggs with the different flavour creams in them are to die for, am going tm to get loads of them for the family for easter whom i will see on monday, theyve also got amaretto, cassis and whisky eggs. Some dipping eggs with milk creme and chocolate creme. The cherry liquers by jd summat or other are delicious too. A bargain at 2 to 3 quid each.

Flaxseed back in stock in Aldi :)

I've started hoarding it just in case. It got so bad I was starting to contemplate Holland and Barrett...
Having decided to eat it every day for the rest of my life ...
Careful, it doesn't keep very well - the oil in it can go rancid.

Bought a kumquat tree in Aldi today. Not particularly cheap but I love kumquats and they're hard to find here. Hopefully I'll manage to not kill it.

Back
Top Bottom