Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Aldi Specially Selected Chocolate and Caramel Tortes, in the freezer section, seriously excellent.

Their matchmaker type chocolates are really good as well.
I'm designing a gingerbread house for a competition and so far it's looking like my idea of the witches house from Hansel and Gretal. Basically shit loads of chocolate and sweeties covering it. Thank god for Aldi!

Aldi Roasted Pepper stir-in sauce for pasta, spectacular.

Lidl did some wooden dolls houses last week - there might still be some bits around - we got a big house and couple of sets of furniture for £30 or so. quality is really good.

I've been making notes, I'm off to Aldi at some point soon. I just hope they've not sold out of all the goodies I'm liking on here.

Lidl Canadian ICE wine and ICE cider - now neither of these are cheap and both come in 375ml bottles - so they really REALLY aren't cheap - but I've just had my first go on the cider (around 12% if your interested) and it's what I'd call a "sippin' cider" - proceed with caution, you've been warned

The ice cider is just too damn easy to drink. Even when you treat it more as a wine than a conventional cider - one minute you've got a nicely chilled bottle and the next an empty bottle and you're looking around for the second one (that, thank god, you didn't buy . . . this time :facepalm:)

Lidl Canadian ICE wine and ICE cider - now neither of these are cheap and both come in 375ml bottles - so they really REALLY aren't cheap - but I've just had my first go on the cider (around 12% if your interested) and it's what I'd call a "sippin' cider" - proceed with caution, you've been warned
You say it's not cheap but could you give a rough estimation as to how much it is?

Thanks. A bit out of my price league!

To be honest, if I'd realised EXACTLY how expensive it was when I was drinking it I'd have probably savoured it a fair bit longer - hey, ho - no-ones died and a valuable lesson has been learned - it was very nice though, just not £10 for a wine glass measure very nice

I've bought the Aldi orange and gold Christmas pudding as I haven't made my own this year. Does anyone know if it's good?

Our Lidl's just been done up and biggified. I went for an explore today and it was very clean and very quiet but didn't seem quite as cheap as it used to. Red peppers are up to 2 quid and sugar snap peas up to 85p. Still cheaper than anywhere except Aldi and they did have ukeleles for 15 quid.

My Aldi seat cushion is disintegrating. I started out wondering what all the tiny shiny speckles on my trousers were, but now I'm starting to see substantial chunks.

cushiondust.jpg

Last edited:
Aldi has Sloe Gin. In a bottle. Tenner but bloody lovely but near selling out down here. I got one last week for christmas and then had to get another one this week for christmas.

gentlegreen, went to lidl earlier on seen these and thought of you. A cross between sprouts and kale called flower sprouts? £1.25 per small bag. Anyone tried them?
I'm definitely going to have to look out for those :cool:
Sadly my local is Aldi, not Lidl, but when I'm home over the hostilities my leisure cycle rides will take me close to one.

Who knows I may end up growing them in retirement - sprouts are notoriously difficult to get right - they tend to "blow".

To be honest, if I'd realised EXACTLY how expensive it was when I was drinking it I'd have probably savoured it a fair bit longer - hey, ho - no-ones died and a valuable lesson has been learned - it was very nice though, just not £10 for a wine glass measure very nice

I'm gonna get some of it for Christmas day, I think. Thanks for mentioning it!

Back
Top Bottom