Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Not bought the boots but their other workwear has been good. at £15 might be worth a punt.

I don't think they're selling a small enough size for me but I was thinking of getting a few pairs to take out to Calais. Just don't want to if they're going to fall apart within a week!

Are £15 boots from Lidl likely to be cold and leaky and fall apart or should they be ok? Anyone ever bought them? :hmm:
I've bought walking boots from them before now and, as long as they fitted me, they were okayish for light-medium use. The same goes for their walking shoes and trainers. :)

As mentioned above, their Dickies work socks are longer lasting than most & are good value & warm. Do you know the make of the boots?

Woodgate dry cider ...brewed by Magners in Shepton Mallet apparently....
46i72E3FBD573CDF0A4

5.3%..,..4x440ml @£1.49

a glugger fridge filler .....

ooh - that's useful - thanks!

I've just sent gaijinboy out to get some activity and colouring books as it happens... gonna call him.

eta - thanks... he's gonna go there now.

I wish Lidl wouldn't sell fireworks tbh. The carnage has started round here now and it's properly shit, and dangerous. Rubbish for pets too, although our cats don't seem to be bothered as they're proper South London mogs.

yeah - having been shot at twice whilst cycling down Tulse Hill I agree it's rubbish. Our cats aren't fussed either though.

Last year I saw a big group of 14-year-olds on Lidl on their phones, who were clearly getting older siblings/friends to come and buy fireworks for them.

Blackcurrant and carrot juice with lemon and thistle. It tastes like campari a soda though :cool:
It looks like an adult drink too, instead of "this is a child's drink, but adults can drink it too" :cool:

Greenvale spreadable butter - available in Aldi - 500g tub "around" 90p

Lurpak "similar" same size tub - also from Aldi - £3.20'odd

Now the Greenvale spread, probably, looks not the best of colours, but taste is excellent, you'll never mistake it for real butter, but for sandwiches and general "stuff" and ONLY 90p - it's well worth a punt

BASTARDS - now up to around £1.50'odd for the same tub

Blackcurrant and carrot juice with lemon and thistle. It tastes like campari a soda though :cool:
It is quite lovely. Since I like to mix my campari with vodka, I prefer a bitter drink that's not already alcoholic. And as a bonus, you've got a drink for anyone who drove over.

Lidl have got some yummy-looking Indian ready meals. Sachet in the microwave for 2 minutes or can heat on the hob. They've got tadka dahl, chana massala, saag aloo and butter paneer for 99p each. I'm having the tadka dahl right now and it's delicious :) Not tried the others yet.

On the shelves, not in the fridge, btw.

Back
Top Bottom