Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

I get about 2 substantial servings per bag , and Im a hungry bastard . A normal eater could get 3 .It's about 2 pound 30 a bag . Ten minutes or so in the pan . Glass of wine , job done .

Haven't looked through the entire thread but polish mates assure me that the lidl vodka Putinoff, tenner a bottle, is quite a superior product and as good as anything in the upper bracket of the non discount market . And they all seem to drink it .
Putinoff only comes in 50cl bottles & is £8.49 I think it is 40%
The standard Lidl vodka is Rachmaninoff at £9.99 for 70cl at 37.5% The used to be a blue version at 40% but not seen that around for a while.

(Cuddles bottle of Luksusowa)
Too right it's not!

It's better than Smirnoff, though.:)

Is that the Bison grass stuff? Yum. I'm no connoisseur, but the Lidl voddy is rough. We usually drink Russian Standard (and some Ukrainian stuff that gets brought back), which is always on special offer somewhere and much smoother.

Is that the Bison grass stuff? Yum

Pure potato, and also yum. Smoother than David Cameron's face, but much more appealing!

I'm no connoisseur, but the Lidl voddy is rough. We usually drink Russian Standard (and some Ukrainian stuff that gets brought back), which is always on special offer somewhere and much smoother.

TBF, given my druthers, I prefer schnapps to a lot of vodkas. I have a particular thing for Berentzen's doornkaat. :oops:

Luksusowa is seriously smooth. But it has a very distinct flavour, so you can't really just use it the same way you would other vodkas. It's more for sipping.

While I think of it, a quick and dirty fix courtesy of pigtails for smoothing out plain vodka which is rougher than you prefer:
Buy a charcoal-based water filter. Pour the vodka thorough it once or twice. Drink and enjoy the difference.

Some good non-food-section offers in Lidl today, so I'm going to take a detour and go through on my way home.

Kitchen stuff like ceramic frying pans, rubbery peelers etc which we could do with for the camper as the set of stuff in there is the crappy scratched hand me downs from when we replace the main cooking stuff.

Last edited:
Lidl version of cheerios are even nicer than Waitrose version according to my old man.
I'm sulking today because I'm working tomorrow and have to miss my Friday pop into Aldi :(

Sunday cheese Aldi [emoji3]

82c604968c7e38a2f2042aee716b4b2c.jpg

^ Yum with pepper

69aceda67511ce16b3957b0daa1fa15b.jpg

8a195eca83730154d8e083cb5060000e.jpg

Sunday cheese Aldi
Luckily I only just read this - AFTER returning from Aldi ... :hmm:

I missed the last set of shelves I spotted in there yesterday :(

Based on the set I bought last year they aren't very good quality and took me an age to assemble, but they would at least have matched and avoided me having to catch the bus to bring some back from Machine Mart ...
They'll probably only have to last 5 years - depending on how much it costs to ship stuff to Brittany ...

Hallelujah I have found a Lidl product to rave about. It is cola and lemon lollipops, 95p for 14. I discovered them after itching for something sweet at work and a colleague had a few of her children's in her bag. Then I was in a rare Lidl trip and I found the source. I took a special trip last week for them and came away with my first cereals-coco snaps and Fruit n Fibre. Not sold on the Fruit n Fibre. Also bought a bag of walnuts which is actually another reason to go as they are about £2.00 there.

Actually popped into Aldi for the first time in several years at the weekend, since there was a new one that's not obnoxiously out-of-the-way to get to. Must say I'm a bit disappointed. Lidl's made some strong improvements to the way they do things over the past few years, but Aldi's the same as ever. I used to rate them the better of the two, but I think they're of a muchness now. Perhaps even a slight nod to Lidl, just for the fresh baked goods in a lot of their stores now.

define big. i'd trust them with a belt sander or orbital... what do you need to sand?
Floors but also general things. I dont really know, I just want one. I do have a little detail sander from them but it'll only be good for woodwork as its teeny.

Floors but also general things. I dont really know, I just want one. I do have a little detail sander from them but it'll only be good for woodwork as its teeny.

aside from the size there's the finish you expect and how much material the sander will remove to take into account. i think there's a parkside belt sander, it'll be fine on floors but might be bit brutal for some finer stuff. i'd avoid the cheaper orbital sanders, better off buying something decent second hand. if you were doing lots of sanding would be worth looking into one of their extractors, also works as a wet and dry vac... the parkside one is £60 and apparently great. i had to ( shitpumpmaceratorfail :( :( :( ) buy one yesterday so got the titan from screwfix which is great and on sale right now...

might be worth a read: http://www.which.co.uk/home-and-gar...ws-ns/best-sander-brands/how-to-buy-a-sander/ :)

Back
Top Bottom