Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Aaagh. Went to Aldi for a 15 quid ice cream maker and they were sold out. :mad:

I was going to go to the big Aldi when it stopped raining but I keep thinking someone's going to get the last one before me so I'll trudge up there in the rain soon. :(

My local Aldi has a crazy quantity of dying plants which they continue to offer for sale day after day with no discount (they've always done it, but they're excelling themselves at the moment.)
I'm seriously pissed off because they killed the New Guinea impatiens before I could get one - one I got from there was one of my favourite plants in my garden last year and I can't get anything suitable locally.

Aldis are doing great work trousers again for £9 and the comfiest work socks at £3 for 2 pairs.

Aww! mate - if they've got "those" work socks back in I 100% agree with you - I bought a few pairs the last time they had them in and they are fantastic - I'll have a pop round to Aldi tonight and stock up if they've got any more in

Aww! mate - if they've got "those" work socks back in I 100% agree with you - I bought a few pairs the last time they had them in and they are fantastic - I'll have a pop round to Aldi tonight and stock up if they've got any more in

Black, with grey toes and heal, and grey and yellow hoop at the top. Best socks ever!

For people who fly a lot - Lidl has a handy set of 4 x 100ml plastic bottles with screw caps / spray tops so you can decant all your favourite washing stuff into them and not end up buying extra cleaning liquids when you're abroad. Only 2 quid as well.

If you like baking camembert in the oven and getting stuck in with a heap of quality crackers....aldi does imo a better camembert in a box than any other supermarket one i've tried. Lush.

Dorset simply nutty
dorset-simply-nutty-muesli.png

No sugar.... No raisins.....lots of nuts (if you like Brazil's you will love this )
......I add dried cranberries as theres not quite enough dried dates to sweeten it

£2 in lidl. ...will get this again

Seriously lush cherry's there at the mo..£3.99 per kg

Rather like this stuff too £2.54 for 4x 500 ml @4.5%.…used to be 4.8.... But the taste hasn't changed ....reminds me a bit of Holstein in the old yellow cans

grafenwalder.png

Last edited:
Sorry...those cherries are £2.99 per kilo. Even more epic .......

Wildlife motion sensor camera that will run for 6 months multiple angles for £69.....Hmmm maybe one for my front door

I popped into Clitheroe Lidl on Saturday morning to pick up 200 bottles of water. While I was there I bought a £3 long striped vest because I'd forgotten my camping nightie. It was the best £3 I've spent in a while, I'm hoping they have some left in Todmorden this week.

Hanging for some more cherries today ( its my fav fruit) ,but I wasn't driving past lidl....(its a 35 min round trip) popped into my local tescos (check out the tramps too .)...,' kin £10 per kilo....seriously ...wtf...bought a packet of crisps

They are havin' a giraffe...

Hanging for some more cherries today ( its my fav fruit) ,but I wasn't driving past lidl....(its a 35 min round trip) popped into my local tescos (check out the tramps too .)...,' kin £10 per kilo....seriously ...wtf...bought a packet of crisps

They are havin' a giraffe...
the only problem with the cherries is that in my local Lidl they were displayed at child height. I saw a small boy feeling handfuls of them, then take a bite out of one and put it back. Put me right off.

I love their disposable razors. You can use each one for over a month, they are smooth and double bladed. 12 pack for 75p . . . that's a years shaving!!

Also I like the exclusive to pick emmental and the peanut choc crunch cereal.

Oh, and their bran flakes are ace and only 40 flipping pee!!

beer_208228.jpg

£2.19 for 4 x 440 ml at 4.8% ....and its a glugger ......well nice in the fridge ...actually prefer this to wife beater ....

Lots of tools at the mo.....

'Kin cherries and Dorset cereals sans raisins have gone.......bastards !

Last edited:
taste of Iberia stuff is a little underwhelming in my local one.

agree with the cheap lager recommendation, though

beer_208228.jpg

£2.19 for 4 x 440 ml at 4.8% ....and its a glugger ......well nice in the fridge ...actually prefer this to wife beater ....

Lots of tools at the mo.....

'Kin cherries and Dorset cereals sans raisins have gone.......bastards !
I'd also recommend their other lager (can't remember the name but it's in silver/blue cans) which is 3.9% and is just 75p a can, but in some stores you can get 4 for £2.75 or something. The cans are bigger than 440 too.

Aldi - now have Vita Coco coconut water for the super-cheap-knock-down price of £1.99 / ltr - or at least the one in Shepton Mallet does

With the EXACT same stuff on sale at Tesco for £3.49 - why, you'd be a bit of a fool to shop anywhere else

5c3ce165af21a5807b60ca45b32b405b.jpg

Motion sensor light - don't work waving hand over sensor.

Light is nice and bright.
Switch Off / On all time / Motion
Aldi

Back
Top Bottom