Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Milled flaxseed 1.99 for 250g - either by itself or combined with other things. The one with sesame, blueberries and raspberries is rather moreish and may miss the point as a healthy dietary addition - being quite calorific.
The plain variety seems a bit less "wholemeal" than Prewetts ...

Aldi seem to have a fear of nuts in their muesli - the bias is largely in the fruit direction.

I treated myself to a couple of pillows for £2.99 each in the vain hope of getting more than 5 hours' sleep ....

Another reason to love Lidl (well two).

One is that they're giving away blind bags with tiny squishy creatures with suctions on the bottom (one for every tenner you spend) and the foal LOVES them.

And two, some bloke walked past me at the till with an armful of stuff and then made a (not very fast) run for it. My cashier and another bloke working there ran after him and took him into the back office. About 5 mins later, the bloke came out of the office and walked out of the store. My cashier came back and said they'd just told him not to come back. No record or anything, just no free wiskey

Oh god, I do not need to hear any more about Squisheez.
"There are so many Squisheez to collect. And daddy, the Squisheez app can be downloaded for free! Daddy! Daddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

I demanded 2 cause there were 2 of us, even though we'd only spent 12 quid. 2nd one is still unopened as was very disappointed when it turned out not to be a sweetie.

Ah, so that's what they are. I haven't opened the one I got yesterday, but I must say I did presume it was a sweetie.
The the lad on the till presented me with one with a flourish and when I asked him what it was and he said

"I'll tell you what it is - it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!" with such glee in his voice that I had to laugh; his enthusiasm was a delight to see. :D

Well done that man.

Lidl W5 antiseptic cleaning spray - it's the blue one and it's called something like "Cotton Breeze" - it is cheap but the perfume is not pleasant at all - and smells nothing like any Cotton Breeze that I've ever smelt and the spray catches at the back of my throat when used in a not very confined space - I shall not be getting this variant again, but I will be trying the other one - the yellow one, which hopefully is a Lemon variant

a more general thing...

i popped into Morrisons t'other day - i had to get a specific Dove deoderant for Mrs K and Cow and Gate ready made milk for offspring#3, and being lazy i thought, fuck it, i'll just get my whole shopping list in Morrisons rather than buggering about going to different supermarkets for different stuff.

one of those little trollies, 5 little carrier bags of shopping and £45 later, the checkout woman told me that if i'd had a morrisons loyalty card thing i'd have saved some £2.60. my first thought was that if i'd crossed the road and gone to Aldi, i'd have saved twenty-five fucking quid...

My aldi has stopped doing lipstick...yes i am that cheap. Found a perfect colour there last year. Knew I should've got a couple.

Estevez Pinot Noir Reserva - £4.99 / 13.5% - Aldi - I'll drink to that

01cvcsicv3no1_375x500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom