Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

10478189_10206508560536805_3960784033774189931_n.jpg

This isn't as smokey as Lagavulin or Laphroaig but it full of antiseptic. I love it and it's £17.99 in Aldi :D

Can vouch for its loveliness though it's been a couple of months.

Nice spot. Cheers!

Just discovered lidl do no added sugar muesli bars - and they're not terrible :thumbs:
They're also doing hand held steam cleaners for fifteen quid - picked one up earlier, will report back after steaming all the things...

Aldi lasagne was the joint winner in the Guardian's "Which Supermarket Lasagne" taste test, scoring 8/10.

"Browns attractively and, thanks to diligent work with those core ingredients that can give a dish a genuine depth of flavour (onion, garlic, smoked bacon, red wine), this punches significantly above its price. A dancing chorus line of herbs and the addition of sweeter pork to the ragu helps retains a lightness; it doesn’t become too dark and dense. Thin, silky pasta and a well-judged layer of bechamel complete what, for the price, is a very creditable lasagne. 8/10"

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/apr/22/supermarket-lasagne-best-worst-taste-test

Last edited:
Lidl has steam mops in this week, £30. I've heard people raving enthusiastically about them but not sure I can be arsed to walk for 20 mins along a horrible busy road when the sun is shining and the park is in the opposite direction :hmm: All for clean floors :hmm:

Lidl has steam mops in this week, £30. I've heard people raving enthusiastically about them but not sure I can be arsed to walk for 20 mins along a horrible busy road when the sun is shining and the park is in the opposite direction :hmm: All for clean floors :hmm:

We've got one. I don't like the look of it but Mrs R reckons it's great. Don't leave it in one place on a laminated floor though, buggers it up.

We've got one. I don't like the look of it but Mrs R reckons it's great. Don't leave it in one place on a laminated floor though, buggers it up.

Hmm. The park won today and I doubt they'll have any left tomorrow. Just as well as our house has cheapo laminate flooring throughout and I am an idiot.

Don't laugh ...but on a side note ...dropped in to my villages mega expensive tesco express....to see what was on in the tramps buffet...( seems to be only 20% Max now ...and its still not worth it) and saw speckled hen , and hobgob 500ml bottles both cheaper than lidl at £1.16 , the rest of the bottles were over £2.00 ..some at £2.50

3 Pk peppers 99p .....shrooms at 88 p.....the rest of it was laughable in price , particularly the meats ...but its a start.....

No real bargains today but I got about 2 weeks shopping for £9.24, so I'm feeling happy.

They have cycling jackets in but they looked a bit pricey (£15.99) so not really a mega bargain.

I don't think we have a similar thread to this for the main supermarkets, and it seemed extravagant to start one just for this so I'll stick it here. Tesco is currently selling big (660 ml) bottles of San Miguel for £1.25. That's the equivalent of a 4-pack of normal sized bottles for £2.50. Couldn't believe my eyes. They're not even labelled in yellow as a special offer, just the standard white one.

This is at the express stores. It could be even cheaper at the full sized ones, though I doubt it.

And going back to Lidl, they're doing 'a taste of Greece' at the moment. The tins of vine leaves are really good and just £1.29.

And going back to Lidl, they're doing 'a taste of Greece' at the moment. The tins of vine leaves are really good and just £1.29.
The baklava contains butter this time, unlike the one in the deluxe range at christmas, and is all the better for it. :)

Standard whinge about the stuffed vine leaves, butter beans in tomato sauce etc. :rolleyes:

But it is Jolly Nice

And the local Lidl still has a massive pile of those luxury hams - iir in the £40 area

Haven't looked through the entire thread but polish mates assure me that the lidl vodka Putinoff, tenner a bottle, is quite a superior product and as good as anything in the upper bracket of the non discount market . And they all seem to drink it .

I'm also partial to the frozen paella , it's bloody good stuff .

Back
Top Bottom